Sound card for gaming and making music

souton

Hey guys, I've recently ordered a new PC and it should be here in a week. I'm a gamer and I like to write music and will finally be able to record with my new system. I'm just lacking a sound card. So basically I'm looking for a card that will be awesome for gaming and music. Any suggestions out there? I know I will need a PCI-E card. I'm looking to spend $150-200. Any help would be much appreciated

Thanks JC713! I was actually eyeing that card myself and leaning towards the Essence STX. Thanks again for the response, I'm going to do some more research but I think this is the card for me.

It is probably the best in terms of making music. My friends say it is also amazing for sound whoring (hearing people's footsteps so you know they are coming) in games like CoD and Battlefield haha. I would recommend you get a >$80 headset and/or speakers so they take advantage of such a high end card.

I have some unopened Z-5500 logitech speakers that I will use for now. Also I have some Turtle Beaches that work great for when I game

Back