Sound driver issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey whats up? Im new here on the forums and i'm in desperate need of some help. Somebody gave me a computer that has no sound on it and i checked the system information and under sound device there isnt anything there so i guess i don't have a sound driver. can somebody help me with this issue?also my computer is running on windows xp.i don't really know where to start and any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks in advance

it says dell power edge 1300. if theres another way to find the make and model other than what i see on the front of it tell me how to find that.

i found my service tag -b63h301 and this is the the specs it gave me when i put it in:

how am i supposed to find the driver from here because i dont see where it says audio driver at.

It appears your computer has no onboard sound card hardware (which is why dell doesn;'t list sound drivers). You'll need to buy an add-on sound card for that machine

Thanks as well Tmagic650. That's quite a nice / simple (and inexpensive) add-on sound card to learn of! :)

Yes LookinAround,
I have one of these SIIG USB audio devices right here. I have used this device on laptops as well as desktops, who's motherboard on-board sound has failed. As long as the sound doesn't have to be too fantastic, this USB audio device works well

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back