Sound interference when scrolling mouse

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone

I recently got some new creative fatal1ty hs-1000 USB headphones, updated drivers and firmware, everything I can think of is updated.

Now there's a constant quiet and irregular thudding sound in the background like someone drumming their fingers on the other side of a wall to a random beat, which wasnt there before.

It's worst when I open up firefox and scroll up and down a window, the effect gets a lot louder and faster, making a rapid thudding noise as I scroll. This doesn't happen when I scroll through a windows folder, though the background thudding is still there.

these effects are present all the time, even when the system volume is supposedly on mute, they don't get louder or anything when I push the volume up either. effect is also present when I unplug headphones and turn on speakers instead - except now the duh-duh-duh-d-d-duhh-d-d-duh-duh noise comes out of the subwoofer.

Also tried disconnecting & turning off wireless mouse and its base station to no effect, besides this problem only started when I installed the new usb headphones & drivers, everything was fine before.

I remember having the problem before, years ago on a different pc with windows XP, but can't remember how I fixed it or whether the solution would help on my Vista home premium 64bit system.

I've tried altering every setting I can think of to no effect, it only disappears for the first few minutes after restarting, then comes back and gives me a real headache.

Please help me, thanks!

Or insert a dead modem card or other dead (without drivers or install) in the PCI slot inbetween.

You might also search for Audio card feedback interference. What you have is a common problem in radio engineering, but we can filter it out with various techniques. The problem is likely with your head phones. They could be defective or simply too poorly engineered.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back