Sound is distorted when over 50% volume

devilsfury

Hey all! Ive been having this crazy issue that if I put my master volume over 50% it starts making this high pitch squelching noise and it only goes away if you mute it. Im using a Creative SB X-FI sound card but thats not the issue. Ive replaced it with 2 totally different sound cards with the same result. Went in and completely removed all drivers and reinstalled with the most up to date drivers with the same result. Ive even placed the different cards in different slots on the board. I dont understand. Plus to make issues worse my mic doesnt want to work either. Maybe there is a conflict on my board or something? Im at a loss. Help!!

Time to remove the software, then use something like RegEdit to take off all remnants of the old install, and THEN reinstall the drivers... that will tell you if the issue is elsewhere requiring a reinstall of Windows... or a Repair install.

Im so dumb! I totally forgot about going into Regedit and removing everything having to do with the old drivers. After about an hour of killing everything Creative or X-fi I reloaded drivers and now it works like a charm! Thanks for your help!

Hey all! Ive been having this crazy issue that if I put my master volume over 50% it starts making this high pitch squelching noise and it only goes away if you mute it. Im using a Creative SB X-FI sound card but thats not the issue. Ive replaced it with 2 totally different sound cards with the same result. Went in and completely removed all drivers and reinstalled with the most up to date drivers with the same result. Ive even placed the different cards in different slots on the board. I dont understand. Plus to make issues worse my mic doesnt want to work either. Maybe there is a conflict on my board or something? Im at a loss. Help!!

Its your speakers my friend. Drivers arent meant to botch and give squicking noise then again it is Creative... hmmm

Back