SP2 update fail

hi, i started getting blue screen of death every time i play on css. and then vista tells me i need to update to service pack 2, so i let it do its thing and i come back upstairs to find my pc had crashed then every time it restarted it it would say "service pack did not install correctly... reverting changes"

Now it did this for some time, then this morning i went to have another crack at it not nothing, no signal to my monitor, no mouse, no keyboard i checked to make sure everything was plugged in correctly even plugged my old pc in and everything works fine on it mouse monitor ect. i disconnected my dvd drive to see if it would start but still nothing. i just don't know what to do any more i cant even see anything, cant get into bios im totally blind here please can anyone help me.

p-s i tried to remember my spec as best i can but i cant remember all of it :/

Do you have enough tech knowledge to take your harddrive and slave it into your working system? If so I suggest a) do an indepth harddrive analysis, b) run virus scans, and c) attach your 5 most recent minidump files to your next post.

One other thing: If this is a SATA harddrive double check your SATA cable. They are notorious for becoming loose. A new SATA cable wouldn't be a bad idea regardless.

a i don't know how to do that b) i also don't know how to do that and c i cant se my computer its just my tower that turns on nothing else.

Do you have any friends or associates that have tech knowledge because if you do ask them to do what I suggested in my first post.

Its a shame we couldn't have looked at your BSOD minidump files before this issue occured.

Back