Speaker problem 5.1

Status
Not open for further replies.
First ill start of by saying they where working at one point, then im not sure what i did.

I have 5 speakers, and 1 subwoofer. ALL the sound comes out the front left and front right speaker, Even when i run the speaker test, i can not figure out why.

After some testing i found out whatever speaker i plug in my green jack input is the only speaker/s that will work. (Front Left right, Back left right, or Subwoofer Center speaker)
Like i said it had worked before so i dont think its a driver or sound card thing, i probably just touched a setting or hooked it up wrong, (pretty sure its hooked up right). Please help.
Edit, i have realtek hd audio manager too, if thats any help
Edit II, tested all speakers with my ipod and all are working so its im thinking i did something with a setting.

hey, firstly have u configured your realtek to use 5.1 speaker settings?

if you're using windows vista or win7, you can go to control panel > sound > single click "Speakers" > left bottom click "Configure" and set it to 5.1 Surround and set it up.

once you're done, in the Realtek HD Audio Panel when u click the rear speakers it should sound... report back if it isn't. anyway for mp3s u will only hear them playing in front left and right before you upmix it.

have you check the connector retasking menu? here is how:

go to realtek hd audio panel. in the homescreen, there will be some "jacks" on the right hand side which is under analog.

post-37429-1174431768_thumb.jpg

right click respective color u plug ur speakers into (the rear and centre channels) and right click the "color" choose connector retasking. now point it to the proper speaker let say for me pink is centre/subwoofer out.

Hey,

Thats good response here with the forums. I hope you would have cleared your problem. If you are yet facing
this issue then I suggest you to reinstall the divers. Even I faced the similar issue with my speaker but yes I got the
resolution very shortly.

----------------------
Warm Regards

Solomon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back