Solved "Speed Fix Tool", Anyone know if this a legit program

cableman

I tried to post this in the correct forum but for some reason I am blocked from using the community part of the forums. Can you tell me why? Also I have been reading some good reviews on this speed fix tool but wanted some input on it before trying it. You know how easy it is to get tricked into saying yes to a scam and just invite a virus right on in so I am looking for some feedback on this new software. You can look it up at speed fix .com or just google it, but I'm sure you already knew that. Sorry if I posted in the wrong forum but if you could explain why I can't use the other ones then maybe I can do better at posting in the correct forum. Thanks for your time

The short answer is NO.
Two reasons:

1. WOT rating (marked in red): https://www.mywot.com/en/scorecard/speedfixtool.com?utm_source=addon&utm_content=popup-donuts
Registry cleaners/optimizers are not recommended for several reasons:

• Registry cleaners are extremely powerful applications that can damage the registry by using aggressive cleaning routines and cause your computer to become unbootable.

The Windows registry is a central repository (database) for storing configuration data, user settings and machine-dependent settings, and options for the operating system. It contains information and settings for all hardware, software, users, and preferences. Whenever a user makes changes to settings, file associations, system policies, or installed software, the changes are reflected and stored in this repository. The registry is a crucial component because it is where Windows "remembers" all this information, how it works together, how Windows boots the system and what files it uses when it does. The registry is also a vulnerable subsystem, in that relatively small changes done incorrectly can render the system inoperable. For a more detailed explanation, read Understanding The Registry.
  • Not all registry cleaners are created equal. There are a number of them available but they do not all work entirely the same way. Each vendor uses different criteria as to what constitutes a "bad entry". One cleaner may find entries on your system that will not cause problems when removed, another may not find the same entries, and still another may want to remove entries required for a program to work.
  • Not all registry cleaners create a backup of the registry before making changes. If the changes prevent the system from booting up, then there is no backup available to restore it in order to regain functionality. A backup of the registry is essential BEFORE making any changes to the registry.
  • Improperly removing registry entries can hamper malware disinfection and make the removal process more difficult if your computer becomes infected. For example, removing malware related registry entries before the infection is properly identified can contribute to system instability and even make the malware undetectable to removal tools.
  • The usefulness of cleaning the registry is highly overrated and can be dangerous. In most cases, using a cleaner to remove obsolete, invalid, and erroneous entries does not affect system performance but it can result in "unpredictable results".
Unless you have a particular problem that requires a registry edit to correct it, I would suggest you leave the registry alone. Using registry cleaning tools unnecessarily or incorrectly could lead to disastrous effects on your operating system such as preventing it from ever starting again. For routine use, the benefits to your computer are negligible while the potential risks are great.

Thank you for taking time to give me advice on this software. As always this is my trusted site for computer information and you have most likely saved me from a software problem. Thanks again.

p22003888.gif

Back