Sprint's HTC EVO 4G pre-orders opening this month

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jos

Staff

Sprint's first 3G/WiMAX-compatible smartphone is not expected to ship until sometime this summer, but it looks like pre-orders are just around the corner. A screenshot leaked from The Shack's (formerly Radio Shack) internal website suggests pre-orders for the much-anticipated HTC EVO will start "later this month," and lists some of the specs we already know: 4.3-inch 480 x 800 TFT display, 1 GHz Snapdragon processor, 1.3 megapixel front-facing camera, rear-facing 8 megapixel camera with auto-focus and 720p HD video recording, and MicroSD support (up to 32GB).

Apple is widely expected to announce its 4th generation iPhone at its Worldwide Developer Conference next month, so any head start that Sprint and HTC can get should be beneficial. The device will run Android 2.1 and has built-in mobile hotspot functionality for up to 8 devices to share its speedy signal -- though it's unclear if Sprint will charge extra for the tethering service or include it like Verizon does with its Palm line.

Pricing is still unknown, but one of the many rumors pegs the device at around $200 with a two-year contract. There's no word on how much the plans for this HTC smartphone will cost.

Permalink to story.

I was planning to buy the 4th generation version of the iPhone, since I am a software engineer and like to develop on different platforms, but given the respect that Apple is showing to developers, I will buy the EVO instead when it comes out...

Guest said:
I was planning to buy the 4th generation version of the iPhone, since I am a software engineer and like to develop on different platforms, but given the respect that Apple is showing to developers, I will buy the EVO instead when it comes out...

Good Man! =)

This is one beast of a phone. I'm really diggin the 720p video recording! I have the moto droid from verizon, rooted, oc'ed with a custom rom, and seriously, this thing KILLS all the iphones out there. I love android so much for their open-ness

I really wish Sprint 4G was in my local area. But I might not wait for Sprint to install 4G (LTE), and just get the Evo now. This phone is everything I've wanted in a smartphone and quite a bit more.

HTC's making some seriously nice prodicts and I really think that HTC's the company to beat in this market.

Pre-Ordered mine today at Bestbuy! And the really kewl thing is ..... June 4th happens to be my Birthday! The HTC EVO will be a sweet B-Day present eh? Hate to do it, but I will be dumping the Palm Pre - it had so much potential but I think both Sprint and Palm gave up on it too soon. Guess we will see what HP does with it. Anyway June 4th can't get here soon enough!

Friends over at socialmediaseo had gone through the official Sprint 4G coverage area web page and put together a nice, neat little list for your to see all the cities where Sprint currently offers 4G coverage.

http://www.youmobile.org/blogs/entry/HTC-EVO-4G-Official-List-of-Sprint-4G-Coverage-Cities

I believe iPhone 4 really is the true competitor out there. A quick and informative comparison is drawn here between iPhone 4 and HTC EVO 4G

http://www.techzipper.com/2010/07/11/comparison-iphone-4-vs-htc-evo-4g/

cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back