Square confirms Rise of the Tomb Raider PC release date, minimum specs, and 4K support

midian182

Staff member

Last month, it was reported that Amazon France had listed the PC version of Rise of the Tomb Raider, claiming that the game would be released at the end of January. Now, publisher Square Enix has finally confirmed that this will be the case, and the game will be launched on Thursday 28 January.

"The PC release of Rise of the Tomb Raider continues the positive momentum from our highly successful partnership and collaboration with Microsoft for the launch on Xbox One and Xbox 360,” said Scot Amos, co-Head of Studio at developer Crystal Dynamics.

Those with a compatible monitor and some high-end hardware will be able to play the game in 4K, which will offer “stunning new detail.”

Crystal Dynamics co-studio head, Ron Rosenberg, said in a statement: "PC players are a passionate, devoted audience and we know they'll embrace the version created for their systems."

Rise of the Tomb Raider will be available digitally from online stores such as Steam, the Windows 10 store, Amazon, and the Square Enix e-store, as well as from many other online and physical retailers. The standard edition will cost $60, while the Digital Delux Edition (which comes with the Season Pass) costs $90.

For ardent fans, there’ll also be a Collector's Edition available. This $150 pack will include the Digital Delux Edition, a 12-inch Lara Croft statue, replicas of Lara’s journal and jade necklace, and a steel case.

The suprisingly low minimum PC specification for the game were also revealed:

• Processor: Intel Core i3-2100 or AMD equivalent
  • GPU: NVIDIA GTX 650 2 GB or AMD HD7770 2 GB
  • RAM: 6 GB
  • HD Space: 25 GB
  • DirectX: DirectX 11
  • Input: Mouse + Keyboard

Rise of the Tomb Raider was released on November 10 for the Xbox 360 and Xbox One. It was praised by critics and gamers alike, and, despite launching on the same day as Fallout 4, has sold over 1 million copies to date.

Permalink to story.

Nah! 60 bucks a pop for ANY video game doesn't sit well with me. Although I'm not the biggest fan of this franchise, when it drops to 20 skins or below I'll consider scooping it up.

It can be the best game ever, I won't purchase it just because of how they treated the most passionate fans of the Tomb Raider franchise.

Well I must say this certainly makes up for not putting the Definitive Edition of the last game on PC, in fact this is much better.

Back