SSD/HDD Pinned at 100% During games

So for the past few months I've been having horrible lag spikes while playing any game on my relatively new pc (built august 2018), sometimes it would freeze for a few seconds then continue on, Sometimes it would hard lock and sometimes it would bluescreen.

I've been working to figure out what is causing this and I've found what has been causing it but I don't exactly know WHY its doing this,
My ssd AND hdd (Depending on where the game is located) pin themselves at 100% usage as these freezes happen.

Ive done all of the following to no avail (some of them were before I knew it was the ssd/hdd):
-Disabled all antivirus
-Disabled windows search and superfetch
-Updated literally all of my drivers
-Disabled all overclocks (only gpu)
-Reseated ram
-Made sure thermals were fine
-Ran CrystalDiskInfo, Hard disk Sentinel and Western Digital's bad drive checker (Hard drive manufacturer) all came back clear and clean
-Ran chkdsk /f /r and /x came back clear
And probably a ton of other stuff I cant think of right now

The ONLY thing I've been able to get back is 45k+ errors in the past 24 hours (all with the description of "The device, \Device\Harddisk1\DR1, has a bad block.") coming from my hard drive through EventViewer but I have been told that eventviewer can be unreliable, especially considering I ran CrystalDiskInfo, Hard disk Sentinel and Western Digital's bad drive checker and they all came up clean

Im at a complete loss of what to do now, so im posting this on every forum I can think of to hopefully get some help

45k+ errors in 24 hrs - ugly - too many to ignore
100% usage of both storage units - like the infinite distance trick with 2 mirrors facing each other
guessing OS is on SSD and programs on HDD? might be something OS is trying to do but cannot complete - so it bounces back and forth

These ideas are really just wild guesses, but may help:

try this and pray ==> disable Fast Startup, go to Start > Control Panel > Power Options and click "Choose what the power buttons do" from the column on the left. Scroll down to "Shutdown settings" and uncheck the box for "Turn on fast startup".

otherwise, backup HDD and do a 'full format' (not 'quick')

otherwise, buy a 'new' HDD (I've been finding very cheap used on eBay) - do a full format on that and see if problem goes away

If both HDDs have problems and the combined drives still crash, it may be the controller or malware.

Run CHKDSK c: \F
it will tell you to run on next boot -- yes
then reboot

allow CHKDSK to complete -- regardless of how long it takes

Back