St Patrick's Day

Indeed.

Just a pity I'm working, I remember the care free days of yore, when I were but a student and the drink would flow all day.

Dang, getting older sucks.

Blessed be the days of Yore......

Indeed.

Just a pity I'm working, I remember the care free days of yore, when I were but a student and the drink would flow all day.

Dang, getting older sucks.

I too fondly remember the days of "yore". This was when "yore" way more likely to find a sex partner. Snakes in and around the grass :evil:, we had those too. Some St. Patrick's day's ya just don't know whether to love or revile the man.
;) :haha:

It’s a fact that St Patrick drove the snakes away. He has even been recorded by videocam doing it.

snakes.gif

Those you see today returned because people lost faith.

Anyway, have a happy St Patrick’s Day!

happystpatrickssm.gif

Years, Yarns, Yores... It's all so Confusing

Will somebody please attach a chronological number to the "yore", it's so vague you know.

I don't think that the snakes ever left, they probably just went limp after Eve hit 40 "yores" or so of age.

And did those feet..., in ancient times....., walk upon England's green ...[ ].... (Greg Lake) (Not really, just kidding). Maybe it was the guy from Monty Python who looks like George Harrison. Eric Idle....is it?

Well, if you can have "Myth TV", why can't you have "Myth Potpourri"?

"Yore" was typically when there be dragons, men were men and women were women and you could tell the difference.
Does that help?

To facilitate calculation of a yore, you first split it into its 3 simpler constituents, which you then just add up arithmetically.

Thus,

1 yore = 1 long + 1 time + 1 past

Now, everybody knows what “long”, “time” and “past” are.

QED!

The Lighbulb is LIT!!!

Check, got it Bobcat... I've put time in a bottle, then connected several hoses to it.

"Four yore and seven yarns ago our foredonors brought forth on this previously Indian owned lad a new conflagration of incompatible personalities, dedicated (while simultaneously apathetic), to the proposition that all the snakes from Ireland could come here as long as they didn't drown crossing the water at Ellis Island".

You're right, the passage of time does muddy up the waters of fact.

Send me your tired, your poor, your molting reptiles yearning to slither free......I lift my lamp.......et al....

Easter's up next, can't you just wait for my take on that?.

On a lighter note, Happy Saint Patrick's Day! Cross my heart!

Back