Standby mode frustration

Status
Not open for further replies.
Forgive me if this has been posted before; I did a quick search and couldn't find anything that seemed to answer my questions, but if I missed it please point me in the right direction...

When I try to put my computer into Standby or Hibernate mode, it seemingly randomly wakes itself up anywhere from a few minutes later to a few hours later. I set my power settings to go into standby after 1-2 hours but that also doesn't seem to work. My antivirus is scheduled for weekly updates only and I don't think I have anything else set to run automatically except for maybe a screen saver, but I power off the monitor when I'm not using the computer so I don't know if that would kick on or not.

Any suggestions? I'm not very tech-savvy, just familiar with the end-user software so I'll need baby steps if I have to adjust many settings! ;-D

In Addition to Disabling Wake by LAN.....

You could also disable wake by mouse AND keyboard, especially if these are wireless devices. Sometimes the slightest movement is enough to trigger the mouse, this and other forms of EMI will wake the machine.

With these disabled you wake by a quick touch of the power button. I've setup all my machines like this, and they'll sleep for days, nay, verily weeks!

When computers are hot they're hard to put down also, and they wake right up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back