StarCraft II rated 'Adults Only' in Korea

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matthew DeCarlo

Staff

Korea, a nation where StarCraft is practically a religion, has rated the title's sequel AO (Adults Only). Due to StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty's level of violence, foul language, and depiction of drug use, South Korea's Games Rating Board (GRB) has deemed the game unfit for youngsters.

The AO classification applies to the latest release candidate and is essentially "18 and up." This is undoubtedly a surprise to Blizzard because the same panel previously rated the game "15 and up," and the developer reportedly hoped for a rating closer to the North American ESRB's Teen, or "13 and up" classification.

"Considering that the RC version of the game is closer to what will be sold on the shelves compared to the beta versions, we looked more carefully at the content," said the GRB. However, the board noted that the rating isn't final, and Blizzard has 30 days to object. The company can also choose to edit the parts in question, but that could delay the title's Korean release.

Permalink to story.

now blizzard is saying they over nerfed marauders.they will be doing that a lot i bet. this game is not coming out any ways so it does not matter.

Guest said:
this game is not coming out any ways so it does not matter.

YES! spot on! they "obviously" rate games when they're not coming out! how could I be soo stupid to think that this game was being rated for when its released!

Actually how did i think this game was ever going to come out? I mean the amount of hype and the beta testing I guess they must have just fired everyone to stop it being released after the rating.

I also believe Pigs die on there own accord, we don't kill them for bacon, they just lay down and die in front of us and the bacon eventually rots out of the pig and we just "have" to pick it up and cook it.

That's pretty ridiculous. I wonder what they rated the first StarCraft. I have a hard time believing that it actually deserves that high of a rating. I guess other countries are more sensitive to violence than America. It's a pity really.

Korea is an incredibly censored country...
In battle net attack, one of my favorite terrans hwasin beat a random player, who quickly said "sex sex pu ssy hair" (in korean) and there was pretty massive damage all around.

now blizzard is saying they over nerfed marauders.they will be doing that a lot i bet. this game is not coming out any ways so it does not matter.
No way those things are still imba.

burty117 said:
Guest said:
this game is not coming out any ways so it does not matter.

YES! spot on! they "obviously" rate games when they're not coming out! how could I be soo stupid to think that this game was being rated for when its released!

Actually how did i think this game was ever going to come out? I mean the amount of hype and the beta testing I guess they must have just fired everyone to stop it being released after the rating.

I also believe Pigs die on there own accord, we don't kill them for bacon, they just lay down and die in front of us and the bacon eventually rots out of the pig and we just "have" to pick it up and cook it.

Oh great! now I have to go to North Korea for the good games and wait for a passing pig to drop dead for a decent BLT!

Maybe it's a ploy by the government to counter the heavy gaming of their younger population.

red1776 said:

Oh great! now I have to go to North Korea for the good games and wait for a passing pig to drop dead for a decent BLT!

That has to be the funnyist post I have ever read! What a way to wake up in the morning this was!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back