Start.exe Illegal System DLL relocation error

Status
Not open for further replies.

ryan29121

Recently I have been getting an error listed below. Every time I try and run a CD in my disc drive or start some programs I get this error. I tried to search the support section at microsoft.com and their information is pretty much useless. Every hotfix they mentioned was for service pack 2 which doesnt help me because i am running sp3. Does anyone know how to fix this problem? Thanks in advance for your help.
untitled-2.jpg

sp3 had a few issues and one of them was that it moved certain files around. If his fix doesn't work, remove sp3 and see if the problem goes away.

Huh! nearly 100 posts and you're saying that ??

Do not remove SP3 that would be madness, even if it's working properly (which would be good) or if your system is infected, I would highly suggest not to uninstall SP3 (otherwise it may not start again!)

My guide link I posted is your best option
Other than that, there is no need for other replies (except by others agreeing with me)

I was meaning that it is good that you have 100 posts
Showing that you probably have been involved with support here (I haven't checked, but I'm sure)
I do realize that even having one post is of no consequence, and does not mean you are better or worse than others just due to that.

But. If you have been here long enough to have 100 posts, that should have given you insight knowledge that removing SP3 under possible Viru/Malware condition is not a good idea (about 50/50 that it would boot up after this)

Also, you are implying that SP3 has something to do with this
Which is ludicrous. Many (most) major manufactures are selling Computers with SP3 now included. You better get on the phone and inform them of this mistake :)

I have provide ryan29121 with the correct answer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back