Steam launches holiday sale, discounts 1000+ games

Matthew DeCarlo

Staff

With Christmas only five days away, Steam has finally launched its 2010 holiday sale, discounting over a thousand games. The event will run through January 2 and each day will bring a new batch of sales. Today's featured titles include Battlefield: Bad Company 2 ($6.79), Prince of Persia (all titles 75% off), Super Meat Boy ($3.75), F.E.A.R. bundle ($9.99), and more.

Alongside the daily deals, Steam has cut prices on many publisher catalogs, not to mention the various greatly discounted bundles. For example, the 2K Mega Pack ($79.99) offers over three dozen games and expansions including BioShock 2, Mafia II, and Borderlands. Similar bundles are available for THQ, Bethesda, Square Enix / Eidos, Epic Games, Valve and many others.

If you happen to need a last minute gift for the casual gamer in your family, it's worth mentioning that more than 150 indie titles are also on sale in various $5 packs. As a reminder, today marks the conclusion of Steam's 'Treasure Hunt', so be sure to complete your objectives and log on before the end of the day for a chance to win 100 games of your choosing.

Permalink to story.

So many awesome deals. I've been hoping they did something massive for Christmas :D

Holly Molly! I didn't wanna spend more money on games!! but, how could I resist missing all this awesome deals :(

Ok please update BadCompany 2 price, they made a mistake making the core price at $20 when it was $30 before, I checked the price with discount from work at $20 for a $6.8 final and when I got home they fixed it back to $30 for a final $10,1 =(

Matthew said:
kg363, This year's sale has barely started, how can you say last year's was better?

haha my mistake, I misread. I thought it was these deals until jan 2. I didn't realize that there would be new ones. My bad

Oh boy, time to spend more money. =/

I'm hoping nice deep discount on Assassin's Creed 2 and Dragon Age Origins.

I'm gonna guess that since they are saying 1000+ games will be on-sale, I doubt the 'daily deals' will be repeated at a lower price.

This is so awesome. Everyone, I'm buying LFD2, BFBC2, & Epic Pack, so get those as well so there will be more people for me to play online. ^^ Also getting Oblivion, best offline game I ever played and you need the original executable to enable AA, hence my purchase.

The big news is that two titles that were previously Xbox exclusives are now playable on the PC: Oddworld Stranger's Wrath & Munch's Odyssey! :-D

This is the sale i've been waiting for! Deus Ex pack, Downloading, Orginal Half-Life... DOWNLOADING!

Red Faction and Red Faction 2.... DOWNLOADING!

I LOVE STEAM!!!!

Okey, I said no but now I see burnout paradise at $5.00. I can't say no :-S

I see in today's sale that they have "Defense Grid: The Awakening" for a whopping $2.00. It's an addicting tower defense game with great graphics and music. It'll be the best $2.00 game you ever bought - got a 9.4 user rating score on Metacritic.

Got myself BFBC2 and the Deus Ex twinpack. :)

Will likely get more as I go along, but thank you to Dustin for reminding me about BFBC2! :D

Gotta say I'm a tad peeved I needed to register with EA in order to even start BFBC2 though. :haha:

EDIT: Add the Witcher: Enhanced Edition, and Bioshock.

Guest said:
Okey, I said no but now I see burnout paradise at $5.00. I can't say no :-S

cheers my friend! thats the first one im getting ;f

unreal tournament calls me 2 .. feeling kinda old school today

Back