Steam update problems

ragne2

When i go into steam ill see the game counter-strike source there and has no current updates.
then next day when i go into steam it tells me that counter-strike source needs to make an update 256 MB, i go into counter-strike source news and check if there is any new updates, and there is none. i then go and ask my friends and they tell me there hasn't been an update for a month or 2, and i was on just yesterday. so i verify my game cache and it still tells me that it requires this massive update, so i just give up and let it update.

then next day, i go into steam and it tells me it needs to make another update but 500 MB, i go ask my friends again and i check steam news and there is still no new updates. this is puzzling me cause every day it tell me that i have to do a update again but bigger, i have been looking how to fix this. and cant find a way to. its making my head explode cause its taking up 3-5 hours of every day i got free just trying to find out how to fix it, please tell me if ur having the same problem and if u know how to fix it

PLEASE HELP ME ITS MAKING ME :(

By coincidence I just finished playing CS: S offline against bots (which is all I ever do). I haven't been keeping track but there have been a couple or more updates in the past few days. I don't remember which were Steam platform updates or CS: S updates but there were at least one of each.

Yeah, But i have been online for every day of the year nearly, and its always kept up to date, its just its saying there is updates even though i know there hasn't been.
I just reinstalled steam now i just have to hope that it doesn't do it again, ill post another reply if it actually works

YEAH, i did that and still its doing this crazy stuff, im starting to get the idea it might be some of my registry cleaners. and they could be deleting important things, so i am gonna have to uninstall them now which is a massive pain in the gonads

Anyone that may know the cause please tell me, if i don't play counter-strike source for two says i start to egt really depressed and i cry, by the way that is not a lie. :(

I'd suggest going back to a restore point where steam was actually updating stuff, and see whether that resolve the issue.

well, i did what archean said but it still wasn't working
what i did is i reinstalled steam again, then i just downloaded the stupidly massive update, from now on its been fine and isn't doing it anymore
the updat thing was about 400 mb

Back