Stop 0x08e help with minidump

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi first time poster. Have followed the instructions in the minidump instructions and I keep getting the following random error.

Event Type: Information
Event Source: Save Dump
Event Category: None
Event ID: 1000
Date: 16/04/2008
Time: 18:01:35
User: N/A
Computer: STUDY
Description:
The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x0000008e (0x80000003, 0x804e3586, 0xf0f2bac0, 0x00000000). A full dump was not saved.

It appears to be on shutdown but I never see the BSOD. I had a problem with the machine randomly rebooting which turned out to be the reset switch had gone almost closed circuit (100 ohms) so I disconnected that. Since then I have been getting the 0x08e error - anyone help with my mini dump ?

Ok further investigation shows my machine crashed once this morning but every time I reboot, even into safe mode, the event log gets a save dump message on bootup with this mornings error details in it - the one you can see above. Is there any way I can stop this message appearing as I have witnessed a normal shutdown but this message still appears on bootup. It's not my machine so I don't know if it has crashed. How do I clear this message? Thanks in advance. - Tim

Further info

Ok had another crash, this time a different error

Event Type: Information
Event Source: Save Dump
Event Category: None
Event ID: 1001
Date: 16/04/2008
Time: 21:26:16
User: N/A
Computer: STUDY
Description:
The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x0000004e (0x00000099, 0x00000000, 0x00000000, 0x00000000). A dump was saved in: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\Mini041608-02.dmp.

So did a google and this points to memory. So ran memtest and that froze 48 minutes into the test - what does that point to, CPU ? Have attached another mini dump, come on guys I really need some help with this.

0x8E errors are almost always caused by hardware issues and 0x4E are a very good indication of corrupted memory. That freezing isn't due to your CPU, it is due to your memory gone bad.

After reading your second minidump it confirms this by citing specifically "memory corruption" and it was a 0x4E error.

Replace your memory. if you have more than one stick then test each one to see if one or all need replacing.

Route44 said:
0x8E errors are almost always caused by hardware issues and 0x4E are a very good indication of corrupted memory. That freezing isn't due to your CPU, it is due to your memory gone bad.

After reading your second minidump it confirms this by citing specifically "memory corruption" and it was a 0x4E error.

Replace your memory. if you have more than one stick then test each one to see if one or all need replacing.

Thanks for the reply. Well this morning it couldn't get past running memtest for a minute without freezing and at one stage after the memory count it couldn't detect the hard disks.

Ok have tested each memory stick individually (3) and two sticks give "Unexpected Interrupt - Halting" in memtest and the third freezes. What can I conclude from this? Going to search out the original memory that was on the board later or maybe buy some new.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back