Stop code: 0x0000007e

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jerdog44

I am losing my mind with this. Someone save me! I just built this system. It runs like a peach with my old XP sp1 disk I have. I only update the LAN driver to get win updates (and I've updated all drivers to current; tried every way). I update everything up to Sp2. Then after install(SP2 or 3) and restart, goes to xp start screen...bar is blue...then BSOD. I've ran tests without errors. I have latest BIOS, updated gpu drivers, chipset drivers, audio drivers, etc.

0x0000007e (oxc0000005, 0x00000000, 0xbacc30bc, 0xbacc2db8)

can get in safe mode only, and must restore to get stable again. Event viewer shows little-no problems(w32time, removable drive error, etc.). I'm losing my gourd. Someone please get me through this. I want to appreciate my new system. Give me some things to try.......anything.

My specs:
Abit IP-35 Pro mobo
Q6600 cpu
g-skill 6400cl5d-4gbpq (2x2GB ddr2 800)
WD 640GB sata HDD
evga 8800gts 320mb gpu
seasonic 550w s-12 psu
xp home
1 sata dvd+-rw, 1 floppy

Cannot see a fault with your configuration.
Have you attempted a full clean re-install?
Checked the drivers to the point of going back to a previous version?
Removed one memory module to test the other, then reverse so that both modules are tested.
The fact that you can start up in SAFE MODE leads me to suspect your video graphics card as the likely suspect. Do you have access to another video card to test?
You don't mention the cpu and heatsink. Any chance there is a fit error? Bent pin. Too much or too little thermal paste?

I have tried several clean installs(formatting hdd), several driver setups. I have run memory tests, but will try your suggested method today. Also this is my first pci-e gpu, so I don't have a backup right now. My cpu is q6600 with a zalman 9500 ats heatsink fan. I did the arctic silver 5 exactly as they say on a quad core. Can that really be a possibility? Like I said, extremely stable until sp2. Also had a problem when i put avira antivir on. had the bsod after installing it, but rebooted and repaired the program and it works fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back