Stop Error 0000008e and 000000D1

Status
Not open for further replies.

jdillman1502

Recently I have been getting a lot of BSOD with the previously mentioned stop error. I have just reloaded XP on a new HDD (see pc specs on drop down menu). After the pc comes back up from the BSOD, I need to reboot it 1 more time to get my keyboard (ps2) to work. All other devices work fine (mouse is USB). I have attached a few of the minidumps from today. Let me know if there is anything else I can provide.

Thanks,
Jeff

I should mention, I ran memtest86+ and M$ memory diagnostic utility (extended test) and both completed without errors. I'm thinking it's the MoBo or PSU, but I'm not certain.

If you look in C:\WINDOWS\Minidump There should be some dump files in there. If you will attach 2 or 3 of the latest ones to your next post we will be more than happy to look them over for you.

The logs I attached in my original post are a few of the minidumps I received. I just put them in a text file per cpc's instructions. I can post the orginial minidump files though when I get back to my pc if you need those instead.

Everyone of your minidump texts except for one are 0x8E errors and these are caused by hardware issues. The other was 0x50 and these are often caused by corrupted RAM or software.

How long did you run MemTest?

Your minidumps also listed alot of core Windows drivers that could not be detected. Perhaps a Windows Repair might be needed.

Run ChkDsk.

Thanks for the update. Can I ask how you came to the conclusion that it was both the mobo and PSU? Not questioning your choice but would like to know the reasoning that led to the replacements. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back