Stop Error code 0x40000080

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Guys,

I've been getting this error code now for months and it's driving me absolutely crazy!

My computer randomly reboots. The computer is about 6 months old. This has been happening pretty much since day one but has gotten progressively worse.

I get a blue screen. It says windows has shut down to prevent damage. It then says that the following file is the cause, but it does not list any file. Then it says Stop: 0x40000080 (0x8660C710, 0x886a82508, 0xF7a4ef30, 0x00000001). The last four numbers often vary.

Here's my system:
Windows XP professional SP2
pentium 4 2.80ghz
512mb ram

Sorry but i can't find my MB name :/

Attaching the latest minidumps..
Thanks in advance for your help!

Why did you put your minidumps in indidividual .rar files and then Zip them together? Just take your minidumps as is -- the five most recent -- and Zip them together in one file.

To find out more information about your system I recommend downloading SIW. It is free and completely safe.

Your error is 0x00000080: NMI_HARDWARE_FAILURE
This general indication of a hardware failure is often quite difficult to pin down. Follow usual hardware troubleshooting protocols, in particular:

a. Roll-back any recent hardware or driver changes

b. Ensure that RAM sticks are matched and undamaged -- run Memtest on your RAM.

c Check for viruses or hard drive damage -- use the free harddrive diagnostics utility.

d. Run ChkDsk to identify file system problems.

e. Ensure that all connections are sound inside the computer and all cards well-seated.

In tough cases you may need to consult a professional shop for hardware. diagnosis and repair.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back