Stop Error :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been having this error on my desktop.

I get the message

A problem had been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer.

If this is the first thime you've seen this stop errors screen, restart your computer. If this screen appears again, follow these steps:

Disable or uninstall any anti-virus, disk defragmentation or backup utilities. Check your hard drive configuation, and check for any updated drivers, Run CHKDSK /F to check for hard drive corruption, and then restart your computer.

Technical information:

*** STOP: 0x00000024 (0x00190203, 0x82311EF0, 0xC0000102, 0x00000000)

There aren't any other errors that come up and I can't run the CHKDSK /F because I can't get anywhere to run it :p

Does anyone know what this means and how I can fix it?

I can't get into windows by the safe mode or last known configuration or anything.. it all end up back at this blue screen. I have inserted the XP cd and the computer reads it, but I can't get to the setup due to the screen. I tried to open the command prompt as well but yet again, that didn't work either.

Please help!

Hard Drive failure is most likely. Otherwise, cpu fan, video graphics card, memory module, or power supply.
The stop errors you get are merely memory dumps and do not help much in diagnostics.
First, attempt a cold boot in SAFE MODE by pressing the <F8> key once per second as soon as you press the <ON> Button.
If it doesn't boot in safe mode it is most probably one of the above... except less likely that it is video graphics card.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back