Strange artifacts, is my GFX Card a goner?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all,

My graphics card is a Geforce 7600GT, and just yesterday it started to show, I don't know what is that called, but its like small columns of horizontal lines all over the screen, its similar to this screenshot but not exactly like this (not my screenshot) http://www.playtool.com/pages/artifacts/graphicscardmemory3.gif.

These artifacts are everytime there, right from bios to windows where it crashes saying that "display driver has stopped working" and then a BSOD....windows do run (with artifacts) in safemode or with display driver uninstalled....I run Windows 7 btw.

It happened like this, the windows crashed when I was playing PES2009, and when I restarted there were these artifacts all over. I don't think it overheated but I don't know, I never over-clocked it. I have played heavier games like FC2 or GOW and the temperatures didn't go above 70C.

I tried to take a screenshot (Print Screen button) of those artifacts, but when I view the same Screenshot from my laptop it looks absolutely fine. I don't reckon its a monitor problem coz it runs fine when I start it off my on-board GFX card.

I tried re-installing the video driver but no help.

Here are my specs

Athlon X2 7750+ BE
ASUS M3A78-EM
2 GB Corsair DDR-2
Geforce 7600GT
Windows 7.

PSU is 500 Watt.

Please Help.
Thanks a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back