Strange behaviour in IE6

Ididmyc600

Hi all.

Im sure i read somewhere about requests for issues with IE on the site, something about links and downloading.

Reason i ask is im having a wierd thing happen at the moment.

I can open techspot up, click quicklinks, click unanswered posts , choose a post...and read it..

Then if i click the back button or press the back space key IE just shuts out.

IE6 Version 2900-5512 on XP SP3,

Ok i know IE6 is going out of date, i just went back to it for a while as i was having a few issues with IE7.

It is known that SP3 doesn't like IE 6.11 much... there are still versions 7 around, if you want to tip-toe into IE 8...
Sometimes you have to remove IE 8.0, reboot, defragment, then reinstall if it seems slow.

hi raybay,

i could understand that, but the problem was only with TS and no other site was affected, this was why i asking in the site issues section.

I dont mind IE7 to much i have tried it however i have some issues with IE8, well actually my IT
department has the issues with IE8 and have asked us not to install it yet whilst they check out some of the issues.

This is going to sound pretty ridiculous-but- there has to be something to go 'back' to.

Saying that another way, you will have had to go forward before you could go backward!

The Back button at the top right of the browser will turn green and show the Back button if a page is available- otherwise it's grayed out. You can also try clicking on the small arrow point to the right of the Forward button- this displays the pages that are available to you from that launch of IE.

Hi Bobbye

your post kinda makes sense, the original post i made said that after opening IE and following a link, (one where the back button is illuminated and where i can if i wish go back) when i clicked either the back button or pressed the backspace key then IE shut out..it closed...since making the post i have moved up to IE7 and not had the problem since....

You might enjoy IE7 more because of the tabs. I keep IE6 around for those few times I need it, but use Firefox instead. Once I started with it over 4 years ago and set up my tabs, I couldn't imagine browsing without tabs!

Let me know if you use that part if IE7 and how you like it.

It's possible that some setting changed in IE6 that caused the 'back' problem.

oh i agree the tabs are easier to have around, especially on sites like TS and the like...forget the back problem, as my chiropractor said....

Back