Strange problem with Firefox

emmaringo

Hi all! I'm new here so please forgive me if I make any mistakes (like posting in the wrong sub-forum).

I have a very weird problem with my Firefox browser. I have searched the net for a solution but could not find it. This is the issue:

I have been using Firefox for internet browsing for many years now and have not encountered any big problems. I usually keep myself "signed in" into all of my regular sites (as it is my private PC and not a public one).

Then one day I decided to clean up Firefox's cache/cookies/history/temporary files etc. It went fine but I got singed out of all of my sites (Google, Facebook, Youtube etc.). An annoyance but no big deal so I went to each site and logged in again.

This is where the problem is. There is one site, which opens up fine, but its log-in page does not open. Whenever I go to the log-in page I get the usual error message:

"The connection was reset

The connection to the server was reset while the page was loading.

The site could be temporarily unavailable or too busy. Try again in a few moments.
If you are unable to load any pages, check your computer's network connection.
If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy, make sure that Firefox is permitted to access the Web."

I tried all the usual suggestions that are on the net, like cleaning the cache (again!), removing any proxy settings, etc. But nothing works. The log-in page opens in other browsers like Chrome and IE. Also, the log-in page opens in Firefox if I use one of those free online proxy sites (like "Hideme" and KProxy").

So what could be the problem? It seems like a small issue, maybe some setting to change? Please help me so that I can log in to the site in the usual way without having to go through these proxy sites. Any tips or workarounds?

Thank you

Try with another browser like Edge or Chrome or Opera. If it works with the new browser you have the easiest solution. I prefer Opera to Firefox.

Well at least give it a try in case there's a problem with the particular website and you end up wasting an awful lot of time.

There is an update to Firefox today, to 52.0, (10 March 17) so it's worth getting that done.
Just go to top of screen; click on 'Help' then 'About Firefox'.

Back