Stuck welcome screen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh please help me I have very big problem.my computer got stuck on welcome screen and I can't use it I tried safe mode,normal mode,last known good configuration,safe mode with command prompt nothing works I also tried to put windows xp cd but it won't work the cd isn't defective.help me what should I do?

let's try this first if you can rig your hdd to a friend's pc (make sure the system is clean) do a chkdsk

Sorry but what's rig?how to do it?nd the chkdsk what is that?I'm sorry it's just that I'm in the learning progress right now.pls tell me the step by step procedure nd screenshots if possible.im sorry but please help me.It's been 2 weeks please help.

WinXpert means - Open your PC, disconnect your HDD and connect it in place of the DVD/CD drive of a friend's. You can often do this without actually taking the HDD out if the cables will reach. There can be other problems like is the donor PC DVD/CD drive set as master or slave.

Once your HDD is visible in your friend's PC when started in safe mode, Chkdsk is a built-in program you can run from the 'Run' window which will check your HDD for errors like so - chkdsk D: /f assuming D: is the drive the friends PC sees your HDD as.

Actually, all this is easy once you know how, but since the words used so far mean little or nothing to you, it is probably time to seek more experienced help. For example, the reason your install Cd will not work is because your PC has to be informed to actually boot off it - this can require a setting to change (temporarily) in the bios, or can be an option accessed by a special key during boot up - often F12.

One other thing - is your PC a laptop or not, beccause if it is, you would also need a special drive adapter to do this. Very cheap, but still has to be aquired.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back