Stumped...how to reinstall software without CD

dscales

So I currently have a client who has a virus and a multitude of errors on her machine.

She has an archaic client billing software suite from early 2000s. I need to reformat this machine but the cost of a re-download of this shitty horrible software is $500, so I need to figure out a way to reformat the drive and relocate her software suite without an actual CD.

Does anybody know of a way to reinstall software without a CD? I am going to try some things but if anyone has ideas or tutorials on this I would greatly appreciate it.

Hey everyone! So luckily I managed to fix this issue! Appreciate all the feedback.

The software package mentioned is (QuickPractice) and it is for medical billing and client databasing FYI.

Here are the simple steps I took to go about finding and successfully reinstalling software from a extremely corrupted windows 7 installation.

1. Boot Ubuntu from CD and access harddrive
2. Go into Program Files, find folder pertaining to software
3. Copy all contents of folder and drag to usb drive
4. On good, smooth working laptop drag the folder onto desktop
5. Then, look for EXE file and double click
Your program should then load, you definitely want to test and see if the program works by loading it on a good smooth working laptop. As these things don't often work and many times you will need the setup file, but luckily by copying the entire folder the EXE was enough to load all drivers and successfully boot the program.

Now all I need to do is reinstall the OS...
Hopefully someone will learn from this.

Back