By WSparrow23 · 4 replies
Oct 12, 2009
  1. Hi,
    I know there are similar posts but this is a little different. Last week I installed DAudioK and as soon as I tried to run it, got a BSOD informing me of a pagefile in a non paged area and it dumped pagefile.sys and listed these:
    0x00000050 0x80fff000,0x00000000,0xf86e9036,0x00000000
    I tried to remove DAudioK both through a normal boot up and in safe mode. In safe mode it wouldn't uninstall because it couldn't access the uninstall file. In the normal boot up, as soon as I clicked 'uninstall' I got the same BSOD and from that point on windows would only get half way through start up before it happened again. I ran memtest86 and it reported no errors, however, it identified my 6GB DDR2 as 7GB DDR1 and the latency info was all wrong. I reinstalled windows using only 4GB RAM. When windows was up and running again I ran windows update and everything went fine. Then I installed C++ Redistributable SP1 and halfway through the install got the same BSOD followed by the same startup loop. I've enabled high level ECC in the BIOS, I've tried moving the pagefile to my second hdd (primary not logical). And that seemed to do it, I had it up and running for three days with most of my software installed. Today while reading some e-mail (and doing nothing else) it started again. Here's what I'm using:
    AMD Phenom 2.8GHz quad-core
    ASUS M3A M.B.
    6GB DDR2 Corsair RAM 3x2GB
    ASUS 9600GT nVidia GPU
    Coolermaster 600W PSU
    2 - WD 500GB HDD (1IDE and 1Sata no errors reported on either)
    LG Blu-Ray Burner (Super Multi-Blue)
    Sony DVD Burner
    Creative X-Fi Sound Card
    Dual-boot Windows XP x64 and Vista Ultimate x64
    The problem is with XP, Vista is still working normally when XP is in this loop. All my drivers are up-to-date from what I can find. CPU, M.B., HDD and Core Temps never get higher than 47 or 48 and the GPU never gets higher than 55. These temps are at full load, at idle everything stays well under 35. I'm not overclocking or "mickey mousing" anything. PSU voltages are all within 2% of target. One thing I have noticed is that the system log keeps reporting warnings that 'IPsec has been activated due to maximum number of connections' (which I've patched to 1000) yet these crashes occur even when I'm not online, downloading, etc. I think that's about all the info I can give. I'm usually pretty good at trouble shooting these things, but this one's got me stumped. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

    *update* The windows event log shows two errors occuring during these crashes, the first is:
    "\SystemRoot\SysWow64\Drivers\cdrbsdrv.SYS has been blocked from loading due to uncompatibility with this system.

    0000: 00 00 00 00 02 00 6c 00 ......l.
    0008: 00 00 00 00 24 04 00 c0 ....$..À
    0010: 00 00 00 00 6c 03 00 c0 ....l..À
    0018: 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 ........
    0020: 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 ........

    The second is:

    The machine-default permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for the COM Server application with CLSID {555F3418-D99E-4E51-800A-6E89CFD8B1D7} to the user NT AUTHORITY\LOCAL SERVICE SID (S-1-5-19).
  2. WSparrow23

    WSparrow23 TS Rookie Topic Starter

    Removed cdrbsdrv.SYS (it was a filter in ImgBurn) and removed it from the registry. The crashes have stopped, for now. Still not sure what that second error is...
  3. Kcircyrd

    Kcircyrd TS Rookie Posts: 216

    It appears you have hardware driver conflict issues.
    Is Vista installed as the first operating sytem, or the second ?
  4. WSparrow23

    WSparrow23 TS Rookie Topic Starter

    Vista is the second OS. I suspected drivers as well and hunted down the one that was giving errors. It's been completely removed from my system including the registry. I thought that fixed the problem, but an hour or so later is started crashing again, but it's no longer logging driver errors. Now the event log is only showing me one error leading to the BSODs and that is:
    "The machine-default permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for the COM Server application with CLSID {555F3418-D99E-4E51-800A-6E89CFD8B1D7} to the user NT AUTHORITY\LOCAL SERVICE SID (S-1-5-19) This security permission can be modified using the component services administrative tool."
    I haven't been able to actually find that entry in component services, I've adjusted the settings for a few other apps one by one, but so far no luck.
  5. Kcircyrd

    Kcircyrd TS Rookie Posts: 216

    Take some serious time wandering through Administrative Tools on the Control Panel. That is where we found our fixes.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Similar Topics

Add your comment to this article

You need to be a member to leave a comment. Join thousands of tech enthusiasts and participate.
TechSpot Account You may also...