Suggestion: Daily Poll

treeski

Just wondering if Techspot ever considered doing some kind of daily poll on the front page. I think people naturally like polls, and it would be a good way to draw in more users and get people more active. There could also be a permanent forum section for users to suggest new polls.

Just a thought :D

Something similar I guess. I was thinking that it would be a poll right up on the main home page, somewhere next to the news updates. That way, when a person comes to the site, they immediately have something to interact with.

Also it would be a new poll everyday (or perhaps less often, depending on how many people participate).

I think he means Pole as in POLL
I personally think the front page is full enough, with articles and comments and news and everything
Maybe take some of the clutter away
Or add a POLL and ask others what they feel :D

Lol alright, alright. Fixed. Yes I've been talking about POLLS! ;)
I was up all night last night writing a German paper. My English is allowed to suffer! (Even if it's my primary language...)

You fixed the Title?

How did you fix the Title? It use to be that Members could not fix the Title, (except for inside the post - small Title area)
Someone (moderator?) must have just fixed the Title as you were doing the spelling
How strange :D

edit:
I think it was Julio

Yeah I didn't do anything with the title. I didn't even think about that one.
Thanks whoever did it =P

We used to have a weekly poll that ran on the sidebar, but was removed after the site redesign last year and hasn't been reimplemented until this day for no good reason. For now we are bringing back our Weekend Open Forum discussions every Friday to "poll" you on controversial or otherwise interesting topics every weekend.

Thanks for the feedback, we might have the site-wide poll making a comeback some time in the near future.

You fixed the Title?

How did you fix the Title? It use to be that Members could not fix the Title, (except for inside the post - small Title area)
Someone (moderator?) must have just fixed the Title as you were doing the spelling
How strange :D

edit:
I think it was Julio
I'm pretty sure vB gives members the option to modify a thread they've created, even changing the title or deleting attatchments.

Lol alright, alright. Fixed. Yes I've been talking about POLLS! ;)
I was up all night last night writing a German paper. My English is allowed to suffer! (Even if it's my primary language...)
Englisch ist mehr Schwer als Deutsch, oder?

imo; POLLS are usually poorly written and thus reap meanings results;
eg: which is better? X or Y?
Without a set of criteria, the question can not be answered in a meaningful way.

You can therefore guess I personally disdain polls :blackeye:

imo; POLLS are usually poorly written and thus reap meanings results;
eg: which is better? X or Y?
Without a set of criteria, the question can not be answered in a meaningful way.

You can therefore guess I personally disdain polls :blackeye:

I disagree actually. The quality of responses depend just as much on the community as it does the way the poll is phrased.

Regardless, I would have plenty of faith in the TS team for coming up with good polls. And if there is a section for members to suggest polls, well, obviously any poorly phrased ones can be filtered out :)

I don't know, I just like to see what kind of opinions or preferences people have, and why. I'm a fan of the weekend open forums, but after a thread has racked up 25+ responses, I usually don't feel like reading through all of them. In addition, there are plenty of people who might lean one way or the other with regard to the poll, but might not be opinionated enough to comment. So in that respect, I like polls.

Back