Suggestions for an email client

SheilaCalhoun

So I'd like suggestions on an email client that will be sync across windows and android platforms. I currently use Thunderbird on my PC, with a lot of filters and folders set up to help me organize my emails. I'd like to NOT have to customize all of these settings again, in a different program. Does anyone know if there is a program that has both a windows and android version in which those two versions will 'talk' to each other?

Actually, imo, you are looking for your email provider to support IMAP instead or in addition to POP3.
The gmail.com provides both as do others.

The advantage of POP3 is for the email provider; saves email on their host only until you access the account at which time the inbox on their server is entirely downloaded to your device, eg: the PC. Once on the PC, you run directly into your issue, aka syncing.

The advantage of IMAP is for you; the email STAYS on the email providers host where it is accessible by ALL your devices. The individual emails are removed only when you DELETE them. So, you can read an email on your mobile, realize that you need to deal with it when you get home, and just close it. Later at home, you can re-read it, do whatever is necessary, and reply/delete as you desire.

I also use Thunderbird on my desktop/laptop and Google services on my smartphone. Considering of using Google services for all of me devices.

Back