Super cheap build for minecraft and youtube

Can someone take a look and tell me if this build is OK.

Intel Celeron G1620
MSI H61M-P20 (G3)
AMERA CASE PINK GIRLS MICRO ATX

Could you suggest also some memory and a video card although I already have a GeForce 8600GS, will that card be enough?

Thanks
Minecraft does not need much but it does need a decent CPU (At least a mediocre one) to do a decent FPS on most settings. In my experience changing the settings does not help as much until you get really low on the game (mostly its draw distance that helps) so I would suggest a slightly higher cpu and a low GPU like an R7 250 or and HD 7750.

Try something like this, Im keeping it cheap but you will appreciate minecraft more with a slightly better processor in the end.

Pentium Dual Core 3.0ghz

MSI H81

Corsair 4gb (2x2gb kit) 1600

PowerColor R7 250

XFX 450Watt 80+ Bronze

You can go lower on the GPU if you wish and the PSU selection on that site did not leave me much room but you can go lower. Otherwise the rest is a decent value budget minecraft build which could get a good playable game experience for anyone needing an inexpensive machine.

Thanks for the help, that's a bad *** little computer.

I've been googling and comparing the R7 250 to the GeForce 8600GS, it seems to be atleast five times more powerful. That GFX card is necessary isn't it?

Thanks for the help, that's a bad *** little computer.

I've been googling and comparing the R7 250 to the GeForce 8600GS, it seems to be atleast five times more powerful. That GFX card is necessary isn't it?
I would say yes, I have played minecraft on the Integrated Intel HD 4XXX iGPU and it was a little slow and laggy on anything but minimum draw distance (It was an i5 3317u CPU). You do not need much of a GPU to play the game in fact the CPU is more important in minecraft in general but you need at least a decent one to play on the higher settings (By decent I mean something recent, not like a GTX 780 or R9 290 more like a HD 7750 or the likes).

My friend plays minecraft on Ultra on an APU laptop from last year without issues (FPS stays pretty consistently in the range of 35-60 with Vsync on at 1080p). A nice dual core and the R7 250 with GDDR5 makes a nice difference and should allow some normal minecraft at the higher draw distance and graphical settings on a 1080p resolution.

I already have 350W PSU, would that be enough to power this machine?
Should be fine enough to power the machine with up to a 250X GPU. The system should not exceed 250 total based on experience at my office with machine using the Pentium and having to add a GPU to them for multiple monitor setups.

Back