Sw Synth volume keeps disappearing

Status
Not open for further replies.
When I try to play audio from my PC I get no sound output in my headphones or speaker.
If I go to "Control Panel" and open up "Sounds and Audio Devices Properties". If I then at the "Volume" tag I click on "Advanced" it wil show a row of slider controls. The "SW synth" slider wil show zero (bottom of slider control), and if I then slide this control up to the middle, I find that sound has returned and it will be ok for a while.
Anybody any idea why this should be?
I am running XP Pro

Cypriana

Have you tried adjusting your 'wave' control?
One time I had a problem (not really a problem) with my wave control moving around and found it was happening through my RealPlayer. I have never lost audio when the W synth was down, only when the Wave was down. Maybe it depoends on the file type you're listening to, in my case, MP3 or WMA. Nonetheless, do you have Realplayer installed? Maybe your SW synth is being controlled through it.

Thanks for your reply. When the problem occurs only the SW Synth is affected. The Wave along with the others ( Vol control/Line in/ CD player are all ok) Once I have reset the SW Synth it seems ok for ages then flips out and not quite sure why this should happen. I think it could happen when I try to play a .mtd (Music notes) file, but again I can't be 100% sure.
I do have Real Player - how can I check if this is a likely cause?.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back