Switching OS from Linux to Windows Vista

Status
Not open for further replies.
How do I switch my OS from Linux to Windows Vista? I do not like Linux and would like Vista. My laptop I bought has Linux. Is there a somewhat easy way to do this?
Please HELP>>>>>>

Insert Vista install disk, follow on screen directions.

The setup won't be able to install to the linux partitions, but you'll be able to delete them.. This is all pretty obvious during the Vista setup. Vista and 7's install is much nicer than XPs.

How do I switch my OS from Linux to Windows Vista? I do not like Linux and would like Vista. My laptop I bought has Linux. Is there a somewhat easy way to do this?
Please HELP>>>>>>
I suggest that you install Windows 7 rather than Vista. This is based on the idea that you do not have a vista disc and license, and would have to purchase it. Windows 7 is a superior OS and if you need to buy an OS, that should be the one you plunk down cash for.

There's a practical side to this also. Windows 7 would have a longer support cycle than Vista, since it's two years newer. If your laptop would run Vista, it should surely run Windows 7. Make sure you check your Laptops support site to be sure that you can obtain the proper drivers for whichever OS you choose.

What laptop do you have and what are its specs? Linux runs more smoothly on lower powered systems (ie netbooks etc. . ) that Win 7 and especially Vista may not run well on. Key parameters would be the Processor speed, RAM, hard drive space, Video card etc. . For easy Win 7 install you should have a DVD drive as well (there are other ways to install it, they are just more involved).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back