hfinlay10

Hi,

Am getting random restarts and system errors, as follows:

Error code 000000000000009c,
parameter1 0000000000000000,
parameter2 fffffadf90881240,
parameter3 00000000b2000040,
parameter4 0000000000000800.

Initially thought it was overheating (am not overclocking) but it happened again today with CPU (Q9300) temps at ~45.

Tried to donwload dumpchk but it seems to be obsolete now (according to MS support).

Running Xp x64, SP2, has been stable since building 12 months ago, then suddenyl getting errors. Ran memory checker for 4 hours with no errors.

Have included four minidumps here - if anyone can work out what's going on I'd be hugely grateful.

TIA

I just noticed in event viewer that (usually) just before the 1003 error there's three of the following errors:

Event ID 122 Source WMIxWDM

Machine Check Event reported is a fatal Bus or Interconnect error.
Memory Hierarchy Level: 3
Participation: 3
Request Type: 0
Memory/IO: 3
Address: 0

Don't know if this is significant or not.

All four minidumps are error code 0x0000009C: MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION

This is a hardware issue: an unrecoverable hardware error has occurred. The parameters have different meanings depending on what type of CPU you have but, while diagnostic, rarely lead to a clear solution. Most commonly it results from overheating, from failed hardware (RAM, CPU, hardware bus, power supply, etc.), or from pushing hardware beyond its capabilities (e.g., overclocking a CPU).

1, Have you overclocked? If so, ease back on your timinings.

2. Run a harddrive diagnostics. Your HD manufacturer will supply a free utility to do so.

* Also, two of your minidumps only cited Windows OS drivers which are too general to help, but the other two specifically cited klif.sys as the probable cause which is a Kaspersky driver.

Thanks for the response.

1, Have you overclocked? If so, ease back on your timinings.

Have done no overclocking.

2. Run a harddrive diagnostics. Your HD manufacturer will supply a free utility to do so.

Will try that.

* Also, two of your minidumps only cited Windows OS drivers which are too general to help, but the other two specifically cited klif.sys as the probable cause which is a Kaspersky driver.

Hmm, if the hdd diagnositc doesn't reveal anything, I may reinstal Kaspersky perhpas.

Thanks.

Kaspersky is an excellent product but klif.sys is a driver that shows up here fairly regularly. There is a lot on the 'net concerning this driver as well.

Latest minidump

Hi,

WD HD diagnostic showed up nothing.

I've attached the latest minidump. Is klif.sys the likely culprit again?

Thanks again.

Hi,

Ran memtest for 4 hours with no errors, but didn't test the two sticks separately, so will do that when I get time.

Thanks.

Ongoing issues

Hi,

Killing the BOINC project seems to have rectified the 9c error, but today I had the following BSOD error:

Error code 0000000000000050,
parameter1 fffffa8006e110a4,
parameter2 0000000000000000,
parameter3 fffff97fff0f0c39,
parameter4 0000000000000000.

Any clues here?

Thanks.

OK, I will do the full malware/spyware clean and see if that helps.

Thanks again.

Hi,

attached:

malware log
superantispyware log
hijack this log

lol :)

Well at least we confirmed that you are riddled with Malware among other illegal things! :D (on Server 2003 I might add !)

Anyway Kaspersky Anti-Virus 2009 hasn't really protected you along the way either

Please do the following exactly: (if you happen to trust what I say is correct of course ;))

Uninstall Kaspersky Anti-Virus 2009
Restart
Install Avira free AntiVirus
Startup SuperAntispyware again => Update it => run another full scan => save the log
Startup Malwarebytes again=> Update it => run another full scan => save the log
Restart
Run HijackThis => scan only => save the log

Go to: Virus & Malware removal forum
Create a New Thread
Submit the logs

--------------

By the way, I'll just quote something from the UPDATED 8-step Viruses/Spyware/Malware Preliminary Removal Instructions guide:
Uninstall File Sharing/P2P Programs

During the cleaning process all File Sharing Programs should be uninstalled
This is to avoid any possible reinfection of any malwares through file sharing

We reserve the right to withdraw our support:
  • If such programs are found in your logs
  • Should you not agree to their removal.
As they are normally set to bypass your Firewall and Anti-Virus software
Filesharing/P2P Programs serves as a constant threat to your computer
So probably make sure any P2P programs are uninstalled before running the scans ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back