System Freezes / BSOD in High End Games

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hiya, I am new here and am looking for a little help, but my computer knowledge isn't great.

My system freezes or I get the BSOD playing games. I tried updating the graphics drivers but still have the same problems and don't know where to go from here.
I had an overheating problem but solved that, I have monitored the voltages and there seems to be no problem there and ran a memory test program but it reported no errors.

I have managed to get as far as the debuglog from the minidumps, 1 is from a BSOD, 2 from a system freeze. If anyone can decipher these it would be very much appreciated.

My system is
AMD 3GHzx2 (dual core)
2Gb ram
Asus M2A-VM HDMI motherboard
NVidia GeForce 8600 GT
XP SP2

hi gud day to you:
how about your hardisks: have you tried to reinstall your games from another hardisk(slaved)
may be it affects the OS..try to reinstall your games in another hardrive

and i want to ask something :
Does your GAmes support your OS: for example there are games that best fit via Windows xp Service pack2...other games fit in Windows XP Service pack3 for other higher end games, you should try this too..if nothing is wrong with all the hardwares(sorry for my bad english)

ok, I only have one hard disk but it is partitioned so I tried putting a game on the other part but still have the same problems

Right your mini-dumps point to

• 1, A realtek audio driver
  • 2, A display driver

For number 1
Go
Start>Run and type in devmgmt.msc

Locate your Audio device.
Double click and go to the driver tab.
Then try and update.
If not updates are found take not of the type of sound card and driver you have and go back to the driver tab and click uninstall.

Then go back to google and search for the newest driver and install

For number 2,
Go
Start>Run and type in devmgmt.msc

Then go to display adaptor and double click. Then press driver and see what happens when it updates.

OR

Go to Nvidia and download the latest drivers from your display adaptor. You can find that out by going to device manager again
(Start>Run and type in devmgmt.msc)

Download them and save, DO NOT RUN yet
You will need to uninstall the nvidia drivers first.
again press Start>Run and type in devmgmt.msc

Go back to the display adaptor tab and click on your adaptor. Then go to driver and click uninstall.

This will uninstall the driver.
Then install the new driver

I've now re-installed the realtek audio and display drivers and tested, re-installed and tested again but the problems won't go away. I think I'll have to take it to the repair shop.
Thanks for the help though. Cheers

wait, check if your Psu is a good make and can supply a good wattage/ampere to your components

i would reccomend ocz stealthxstream 500w (Quiet,cool, gives a very good airflow)

Well the driver is what is causing the BSOD so it is probably a hardware fault in the system.
I would probably guess its a graphics fault due to the driver so if you or the shop test that it may solve the problem.

hey w8!
did you look at all the requirements of your games? Does your hardware support all the game's requirements...Well I suggest that you should double check it first before bringing it to the repair shop. Did you meet all of them..I hope you won't forgot something.Look for the games requirements at the back of the cd if none just google it. Try a little patience before bringing it outside your house of course this will save your time and money...only suggesting tnx!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back