System idle process slowing the PC down

I have a process called system idle process running in the task manager..when i start up windows vista..now it is using a lot of my cpu.

I tried to remove virus and spyware etc...but no use

now i think i may have to reinstall windows

elsewhere i read that this process is showing you how much of the cpu is idle...my question is if that is what it had to do...then why is it using a lot of that cpu..if all other processes show %cpu time as in use why should this one be an exception?

Stop now.

System Idle is when your computer is doing nothing which is what your computer should be doing most of the time.

I wish mine was more idle. It will be just fine and then it slows down. A check shows that usually the system idle is at 0% and some other rouge program is checking for updates or running code that I never said "ok computer, I want you to go out on the internet every 30 minutes and check for updates for windows, apple crap, printer crap, driver crap, antivirus crap (but I do have that set up to check every 2 hours) then I want you to download what ever you please and install it when I am trying to edit music or video".

A high system idle is good. Do nothingn.

Back