System temperatures

Sazzle29

Hey all....

Just been checking the temperatures of my system, are the following ok:

System: CPU Type HexaCore AMD Phenom II X6 1055T, overclocked to 3800 Mhz (was 2800mhz)

Motherboard 32 °C (90 °F)
CPU 38 °C (100 °F)
CPU #1 / Core #1 18 °C (64 °F)
CPU #1 / Core #2 18 °C (64 °F)
CPU #1 / Core #3 18 °C (64 °F)
CPU #1 / Core #4 18 °C (64 °F)
CPU #1 / Core #5 18 °C (64 °F)
CPU #1 / Core #6 18 °C (64 °F)
Aux 36 °C (97 °F)
GPU Diode 36 °C (97 °F)

Cooling fans:
CPU 1186 RPM
Chassis 250 RPM
GPU 35%

Do i need to get better cooling sorted for my computer?

I'd kill to have temperatures like that. =)

Running a stress test of some kind (super pi, Prime95, etc) while running, say, Hardware Monitor (unless you're using something else already) lets you see your load temperatures for at least your CPU, as they'll be the "max value". Getting your hands on PCmark or 3Dmark would also stress your system quite well for measuring load values for other hardware as well.

Right, hopefully I've done this right! I ran prime and then ran the other program I used to see what was going on.... how's this:

I had to attach the image instead of posting it, as I don't have 5 posts yet lol.

Attachments

• temp.png
    temp.png
    12.8 KB · Views: 2
Heh, my cramped and craptastically cooled e5200 idles at your load temperature. Not sure exactly where that temperature sensor for "CPU" is, but the rest of the temperatures look fine. if you had a way to stress your Graphics card, that's help too, but it probably hits mid/upper 50s at most under load if it is a discrete graphics card.

I'm still running my good old nvidia geforce 9600gt....lol. Good with most games, but has its moments with the most recent GTA episode....lol. Maybe look at an upgrade for it sometime.

If you're looking to some newer titles and If you have $200 you should totally get an AMD Radeon 5830 or a Nvidia Geforce 460. =o

Was looking at the geforce 400 range... did settle on the 460, but wasn't sure which was best and affordable. Have only recently splashed out on the 6 core system and motherboard lol.
Ah well, was payday so will put some money aside for that graphics card... :)

Back