System wont boot after working perfectly for a week

Status
Not open for further replies.
Help!
i just assembled a mid-range gaming pc, here are the specs

Intel board (not sure what class of chipset)
petium dual core 2gig
2 gig ddr2 ram
nvidia xfx 9500 gt

it worked perfectly for a week, but as i got up this morning trying to get 2 gaming, it just wont boot, not even the bios, i opened the case and observed not even the fans came on( as they should if the ram where the problem). bur nothing, the monitor is connected to the psu it came on, the mobo lights came on, all light using peripherals came on but.....nothing just nothing. Some please help.

Ensure that all the cables are securely connected.

Take every thing out, except leaving only the minimum required to POST(e.g. if you 1GBx2 modules take one out, and so on); and if display comes up, add one thing at time until you are able to pin point what may be causing this.

Lastly, do you hear any beep(s)?

re:re:

no beeps, just nothing, i tried what u advised with a friend and we stumbled upon something; the fan for the psu does not come on, we called an expert and he verified that the power pack is blown( understandably, electricity here is crazy), the reason for the lights on the other stuff is the neutral( how on earth he came to that conclusion i dont know), But i wannna try the change the psu and see what happens. What do u think?

Fair idea; if the PSU has some sort of shortening you can probably smell that; also get a Good quality PSU e.g. Coolermaster or Corsair etc. Get at least a 450 or 500 Watts PSU; that should serve you well with bit of headroom.

Edit: Spelling Correction.

Thanks Archean, the thing is, in my country people aren't so tech conscious, its third woorld african, the good stuff even if they are available are mighty expensive, we gotta cope with the like of mecury, and other "i dont know thier names cause its in chinese stiuff".Anyway, will post it on this thread if turns to be the psu, Thanks alot Man.

you wont belive it, but i had to change the board, i've lost my intel chipset. Now using a mecury, does not compare at all

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back