Take a look at Tenet on the Game Boy Advance

midian182

Staff member
WTF?! Director Christopher Nolan was vocal about Tenet being released in theaters last year, extolling the virtues of experiencing the film on the big screen. So he's unlikely to appreciate it arriving on the Game Boy Advance.

Bob Wulff, who operates the Wulff Den YouTube channel, managed to transfer Tenet's two-hour, 30-minute runtime onto five Game Boy Advance cartridges. He admits the project was undertaken out of spite and that it is "quite possibly the worst way to view" the movie.

Wulff, who even made custom labels, said Tenet's length meant five cartridges were required to hold it all. "30 minutes is the maximum time you can have for a Game Boy Advance Video [cartridge] and still have it in somewhat of a watchable state," he explained.

There are quite a few drawbacks to watching Tenet's often confusing plot on a handheld released in 2001. For a start, it had to be compressed to a 192 x 128 resolution, which is even lower than GBA's 240 x 160 display. It also has an 8 KB/s bitrate, runs at just six frames per second, and the software Wulff uses speeds the video up by a third.

Nolan said that Tenet's "image and sound really needs to be enjoyed in your theaters on the big screen." He was particularly unhappy about Warner Bros releasing the sci-fi on HBO Max and in theaters simultaneously, later saying that he was "unlikely" to work with the conglomerate again, ending a relationship that began in 2002 when he directed Insomnia.

Permalink to story.

Tenet was not released on HBO MAX. It was a theater only release in the US. At this point it is out for digital purchasing and renting.

Tenet was not released on HBO MAX. It was a theater only release in the US. At this point it is out for digital purchasing and renting.
Yep - but it was GOING to.... Nolan's opinions were probably one of the reasons they decided against it...

The movie didn't even break even - turns out a pandemic isn't exactly good for business...

The biggest surprise for me is how such trash as Tenet, and Dunkirk before that were able to get such high ratings on IMDB. Best guess - they were paid for, and paid really well.

My impressions of Nolan's screenwriting is that he completely lost it after the Interstellar, and started producing some hugely overrated garbage.

The biggest surprise for me is how such trash as Tenet, and Dunkirk before that were able to get such high ratings on IMDB. Best guess - they were paid for, and paid really well.

My impressions of Nolan's screenwriting is that he completely lost it after the Interstellar, and started producing some hugely overrated garbage.
Professional "ratings" have 0 credit, see also star wars the last jedi and captian marvel. Fiasco after fiasco has ensured they have no credibility in the modern world. Viewers, however, have spoken, and they liked Tecet and Dunkirk. Neither scored outside the 7 range, these are not high cinema experiences, but they are enjoyable enough fliks.

They're far from trash. There's a LOT worse out there. At least dunkirk and tenet dont try to preach at you.

I saw TENET by downloading it from Frostwire at the height of the Quarantine.

I watched it.

I didn't understand what I'd watched.

I watched it again.

I started to understand what I'd watched.

I didn't realize it was the best movie I'd seen all year till I'd watched it 4 or 5 times.

If it is re-released in theaters, I'll go see it again in the theaters.

I saw TENET by downloading it from Frostwire at the height of the Quarantine.

I watched it.

I didn't understand what I'd watched.

I watched it again.

I started to understand what I'd watched.

I didn't realize it was the best movie I'd seen all year till I'd watched it 4 or 5 times.

If it is re-released in theaters, I'll go see it again in the theaters.
Yeah, it's not a plot twister, like some of his previous work, but it's rather well written, to have the storyline work folded like that. I do agree with critics that the sound quality was terrible. I did watch it first time on the big screen. It's a loud movie, but some scenes would have improved massively if Nolan had swallowed his pride and used studio recorded voice-over to clean up the noise.

I saw TENET...
At first sight, this movie was nonsensical and infuriatingly bad. However, since I watched the movie a few days ago, I have carefully reconsidered and re-examined the latest Nolan. I have come to the conclusion that it is easily one of the worst movies ever made, confirming my initial intuition. I tried to find some good but couldn't find any.

Hmm; Those of us with a real technical life on the Internet, object to the plagiarism of terms like TELNET as we associate it with a TOOL, not a graphic or video on any platform ... That there are relatively few with a similar stance convinces me of the lack of maturity here.

Of course you are entitled to your contrary opinion too.

Technically interesting. Not very practical though. I just don't see people rushing out in droves to try this...

I agree with you about Dunkirk, while an interesting historical event, I always wondered why it got such high ratings.

Back