Tales from the toolroom - rant against Antec

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlbertLionheart

These people make great system case but their customer support has to be the worst I have ever come across! Not only do they fail to respond to queries on the website but don't answer the phone to the sales office in Holland and when you leave a message they fail to call back. All I want are a couple of their special drive caddies but if this is how they treat a client then they have lost one for good and I don't care how much my clients want their cases; they can't have one!
Anyone any ideas how to get through their thick skulls that this is bad for business?

Well that certianly is odd. Do they have specific office hours? I'm guessing you already tried caling during their office hours, since that would make sense. I personally would just try to call them back multiple times. It's unfortunate thata company like them would ignore customers like this.

They rely on the channel to provide support - the problem is that the channel won't stock the piddling little spares as there is no margin for them. I am trying a gentle lean on one of my wholesalers to see if that works...

Antec's system is to sell only to vendors. The vendors are to provide all tech support. If this has been changed, I have been unaware of it.
We use a lot of Antec products. Whenever there is a problem with a case (as it is too often with shipping and not the quality of the case) we call Directron who gives terrific service, NewEgg with excellent service, Frys superb service, CDW, PCMall, TechDepot, and so on.
We do not find Antec to be a company which produces products that are not of quality. We have had problems with their earthwatts power supplies, but their cases are good. A lousy vendor will too often ship in a way that damage occurs.
As for quality cases, we have not seen any case under $200 that is perfect. You have to spend a lot to get a high quality case. Most are made in China, and are guaranteed to cause problems for somebody.

Thats what I said only the trade call it the channel in the UK. Clearly the UK channel vendors don't seem to care much about service - Raybay: can you get spare drive bays, grommets and screws without a problem straight off the shelf??
'cos I can't.

Can you name other "builders" of computer cases that will help you.

We have lived in the UK three times. We know there are good vendors who provide good service.

There are a load of e-vendors, wholesalers and retailers out there and I have not tried them all - but the ones I did contact all either failed to reply or said they did not stock the small stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back