Task Bar

alanem

Hi A user icon appeared in my Win 10 taskbar and I've tried every method known to man to remove it. It will not delete and the swine just sits there giving me the finger...I think. Can anybody suggest anything please. Masking tape not accepted.

Right click on the desktop and select Personalise. You will see Taskbar listed at the bottom of the menu. See what you can do in there to remove the icon.

Right click on the desktop and select Personalise. You will see Taskbar listed at the bottom of the menu. See what you can do in there to remove the icon.

Hi and thanks for your prompt reply. I've tried this many times. The unwanted icon does not show up in the list of icons to be added or removed. This same thing happens with various attempts through settings. If I open the icon it lists my user items. I know it's not doing any harm...it's just bugging me to death!!

Did you install something just before you noticed the icon?
You could check in Task Manager (control, alt, delete) and check Start-up. The process must be starting when Windows boots up.
Other than that I'm stumped too.

Did you install something just before you noticed the icon?
You could check in Task Manager (control, alt, delete) and check Start-up. The process must be starting when Windows boots up.
Other than that I'm stumped too.
I just saw it there so I couldn’t blame it on something specific. I’ve disabled everything in Startup in Task Manager and it’s still there. It’s hidden in Administrator account. Given up. Thanks for your interest

Back