Taskbar Icons

Status
Not open for further replies.

merfman

I have multiple icons on the list of custom notifications (Right Click on Taskbar > Notification Area > Customize > Current Icons) that are no longer on my computer but still show up on the list. Is there anyway to get rid of these icons from this list and select ones that I currently use (anti-virus, mousepad, wireless internet, external hd, etc.)

Some of the icons that are still present are:

Icons-NotUsed.jpg
(just an expanded version i dont have that many icons haha)

Among the icons that are present that I don't use many of them have the wrong icon along side it or no icon at all (iTunes and QuickTime)

Thanks for any help
merfman

If the programs are properly uninstalled, you just need to clean out your registry and they shouldn't show up anymore. Then if you horizontally scroll the screen towards the right, select what you want/don't want to see under the 'behavior' column ;)

If the programs are properly uninstalled, you just need to clean out your registry and they shouldn't show up anymore. Then if you horizontally scroll the screen towards the right, select what you want/don't want to see under the 'behavior' column ;)

so if i go Run>regedit.exe and delete them from the list under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE then select Software and delete them they shouldn't show up anymore?

thanks

I wouldn't recommend modifying the Registry unless you are absolutely sure you know what you're doing.
What I was referring to was properly uninstalling from the ControlPanel>add and remove programs.
Rather then playing with the Registry, I would suggest running Advanced System Care and / or Ccleaner, you can run both,
it will definitely make your PC more efficient and eliminate the icons too;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back