Tech giants encourage employees to work from home to slow spread of coronavirus

Shawn Knight

Staff member
What is happening? Some of tech’s biggest players are looking to slow the spread of COVID-19, known by many as the coronavirus, by urging employees to work from home.

Microsoft in a public bulletin on Tuesday recommended all employees in the King County area (the region near its Redmond headquarters) to work from home if their job allows for it through March 25. Those who are pregnant, have a compromised immune system, have an underlying health condition or are over 60 should also avoid interaction in large groups or public settings, Microsoft added.

Amazon this week confirmed that one of its Seattle-area employees tested positive for the coronavirus. A spokesperson for the e-commerce giant told CNN that they are recommending that employees in Seattle and Bellevue who are able to work from home do so through the end of March.

Brian Armstrong, co-founder and CEO of Coinbase, asked some employees to start working from home this week. He conceded that it isn’t a “complete” solution but noted that it may help slow the growth of infections.

Twitter on Monday strongly encouraged all employees globally to work from home if they are able to. Telecommuting will be mandatory from those based in Hong Kong, Japan and South Korea due in part to government restrictions, the microblogging platform added.

JPMorgan Chase & Co is testing a contingency plan this week, asking roughly 10 percent of its staff to work from home. Codenamed Project Kennedy, the plan comes after the bank last week restricted non-essential international travel for all employees.

Masthead credit: Telecommuting by Creative Lab

Permalink to story.

I think it's a great idea but you'll have trouble selling that idea to people that

1. Collect your garbage
2. Deliver your mail
3. Fix your car
4. Cook your food at the restaurant

Need we say more?

I think it's a great idea but you'll have trouble selling that idea to people that

1. Collect your garbage
2. Deliver your mail
3. Fix your car

Need we say more?
Your point? Some people can't work from home so... we should ALL not work from home? Its better then nothing.

Actually it's a great idea even though it does not fit for every industry. However, WFH is suitable for the IT industry according to my personal experience though it's not for Corona. As all of us know jobs in the IT industry are stressed and complicated. So, it might be a little release if IT workers are allowed to work from Home.

As someone who has been almost exclusively working from home for the past 6 months, I fail to find how "Coronavirus continues to thrash productivity" relates to the topic of the article. No, remote working does not make people less productive.

1. Collect your garbage
2. Deliver your mail
3. Fix your car

Need we say more?
Order stuff from amazon.
Empty the box.
Fill the box with your garbage.
Ask a friend who isnt afraid of death to drop it off at amazon pickup center.
Live long and dont die from coronavirus

All I know is, they better come up with a vaccine ASAP. One of our "great national pastimes", is picking your nose at red lights and in traffic jambs.

Other than snorting Purell I have no idea how we;re going to curb the spread of infection.

All I know is, they better come up with a vaccine ASAP. One of our "great national pastimes", is picking your nose at red lights and in traffic jambs.

Gross! Haha. Cyna CDC says "feces" is a mode of transmission. They're probably lyin' they just don't want to admit they don't know.

Other than snorting Purell I have no idea how we;re going to curb the spread of infection.

Try rubbing it on your hands and stop touching your face!

SVZM9kH.png

Gross! Haha. Cyna CDC says "feces" is a mode of transmission. They're probably lyin' they just don't want to admit they don't know.
So if I wipe my behind, then pick my nose, can I give myself Covid19, or does it have to be someone else's poop?
Try rubbing it on your hands and stop touching your face!
Trump says he hasn't touched his face in months! :rolleyes: What I want to know, is how does he get that tacky bronzer on, with a spray gun? :confused:

Back