TechSpot Failed to Access my Email Address

captaincranky

The original email account I registered with, appears to be still active, as I was able to log in today. In addition, I have received notifications from Techspot as recently as yesterday.

This is a Yahoo account, and I have had trouble with another forum claiming the same thing, "we cannot access your email account, please change your email address". That situation has persisted for close to a year (?IIRC) but without the ill effect which happened here, which caused me to be locked out..

I'm reasoning that my storage could be used up, but that assessment wouldn't attach to the other forum being able to contact me, because as I said, they stopped being able to contact me at that address as much as a year ago.

Arguably, I might not have logged into this account often enough to keep it active, but as I said, I am still able to log in without issue, but I can't receive your emails

Any light you could shed on this matter, would be sincerely appreciated.

EDIT: When I logged into Yahoo, I was greeted with, "welcome to the new email",

Could changes at Yahoo itself have caused this issue?

EDIT: When I logged into Yahoo, I was greeted with, "welcome to the new email",

Could changes at Yahoo itself have caused this issue?
Has that symptom!!

Change your email address in your TechSpot profile to a valid/better one?
Been there and done that, so I'm, (for better or worse), back up and posting.

I am wondering if anything can be done to restore the old address. My new address is Yahoo as well, and we don't know if or when that will crap out.

With my luck, I'm probably the only one here using Yahoo mail. Still, I have to ask if this issue is something which has come up for other members? It is rude on Yahoo's part to summarily stop accepting emails. After all, when I logged into the account they were extolling the virtues of "the new improved Yahoo email". What did they mean by that, "nobody will ever bother you again at this address"? Unless somehow overnight they drew the bizarre conclusion you were spam. I haven't checked that yet. Perhaps the new incarnation expects me to white list my contacts all over again.

If I empty the cache on my first account, make certain you're in my contacts, and try to switch back to it, what do you reckon my chances are of getting locked out of Techspot forever? :eek:

Last edited:
As long as you have your username and password, you won't get locked out.

We are using Gmail for delivering our email and as far as we can tell they're very reliable, and when they detect an address is invalid or emails are undeliverable, that account gets flagged after a certain number of attempts.

As for email addresses/services, evidently what Yahoo does is out of our control, but my suggestion there would be to whiteflag or add TechSpot's incoming address to your address book so it's recognized as a valid sender.

Back