Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: The Cowabunga Collection includes 13 classics

Shawn Knight

Staff member
In a halfshell: Konami has announced a new bundle that’ll bring together a collection of classic games from the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles franchise spanning a variety of platforms including the original NES, the Sega Genesis and even the arcade.

Together with Digital Eclipse and Nickelodeon, Konami is working on what it describes as one of the most comprehensive retro game collections ever. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: The Cowabunga Collection will consist of 13 classic games rolled into one package:

• Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (Arcade, with online play)
  • Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Turtles in Time (Arcade, with online play)
  • Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (Nintendo)
  • Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles II: The Arcade Game (Nintendo)
  • Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles III: The Manhattan Project (Nintendo)
  • Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Tournament Fighters (Nintendo)
  • Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles IV: Turtles in Time (Super Nintendo)
  • Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Tournament Fighters (Super Nintendo, with online play)
  • Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: The Hyperstone Heist (Sega Genesis, with online play)
  • Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Tournament Fighters (Sega Genesis)
  • Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Fall of the Foot Clan (Game Boy)
  • Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles II: Back From the Sewers (Game Boy)
  • Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles III: Radical Rescue (Game Boy)

Unfortunately, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Shredder's Revenge won't be part of the collection.

Konami is also adding new quality of life features for several games including online play, save anytime / rewind and button mapping. Buyers will additionally receive unique development art and sketches as well as historic TMNT media content. Several Japanese regional version releases are also included in the collection.

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: The Cowabunga Collection will be available on PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Xbox One, Xbox Series, Nintendo Switch and PC (Steam) later this year in physical and digital formats priced at $39.99 - far less than I shelled out feeding TMNT arcade machines in the 90s.

Permalink to story.

As a kid who got the original TMNT on NES, played through it, beat the game...

Never played TMNT2 on NES...

Played through Turtles in Time on SNES...

Played through The Manhattan Project on Genesis (basically the same game as Turtles in Time)

Played through Fall of The Foot Clan on Game Boy...

But never played any of the other games on the list...

This is an extremely exciting bundle which I definitely would buy.

I could definitely consider buying this for my laptop from Steam or for Xbox One, but I find it extremely disappointing PS Vita isn't included here. They could have also included PS3.

I also find it disappointing that no TMNT games were included in any of the classic consoles.

Last edited:
Time to bring up again: EPIC GAMES, pleeeeaaaase release Jazz Jackrabbit 1 & 2 for current-gen consoles! It's the perfect couch split-screen co-op game. The graphics don't even need any touches (and most definitely DON'T touch the soundtrack), just release it as it is! It's free money, go for it!

Please?

Back