Tesla Cybertruck will go on sale next year

midian182

Staff member
Highly anticipated: Elon Musk has confirmed that the Tesla Cybertruck will go on sale next year. The electric pickup was unveiled in 2019 with a planned release date of 2021. That was pushed to 2022, and now it's been confirmed that the EV will finally arrive in 2023.

Musk made the announcement at the launch party for Tesla's Gigafactory in Texas. A production version of the Cybertruck was on stage during the event, showing a slight change to the original design: the truck will no longer come with door handles; instead, sensors will detect when an owner is nearby and open automatically.

Tesla's unveiling of the Cybertruck almost three years ago didn't go entirely smoothly. An employee threw a metal ball at its "unbreakable" driver's side glass windows, both of which shattered. Musk later said this was due to an earlier test that involved hitting the truck's doors with a sledgehammer. That might have proved the Cybertruck's body durability, but it also cracked the panes of glass housed inside the base of the doors, apparently.

Tesla in 2021 announced that the Cybertruck wouldn't be arriving that year but would ship in 2022 instead. Musk then told employees production wouldn't start until late this year, and a report in January claimed the EV would arrive 2023, which Musk has now confirmed.

Elsewhere, Musk said a wide beta of Tesla's Full Self-driving Technology should launch in the US later this year, and the Tesla Semi EV is also set for release in 2023. The CEO added that next year would see production begin on the Optimus robot, which he previously called Tesla's most important in-development product, potentially bigger than its vehicle business.

Permalink to story.

I just ready two days ago in Yahoo they were saying that Tesla was stopping the production of this. So what is it lol.

People absolutely will buy the Cybertruck for the same reasons they buy the Model 3 and Model Y.

I think it looks ridiculous, but hey: #1 It says "Tesla" on it and #2 We love Elon right?

I have a serious problem with Tesla's business practices. The money people dropped on the Roadster and Cybertruck to pre-order could have made them MILLIONAIRES had they invested.

(Tesla demanded $250,000 in cash up front for the Roadster back in 2017).

Still not an attractive vehicle. And at 6.5 feet long, it is less useful as a truck, since it cannot haul a full sheet of plywood.

People absolutely will buy the Cybertruck for the same reasons they buy the Model 3 and Model Y.

I think it looks ridiculous, but hey: #1 It says "Tesla" on it and #2 We love Elon right?

I have a serious problem with Tesla's business practices. The money people dropped on the Roadster and Cybertruck to pre-order could have made them MILLIONAIRES had they invested.

(Tesla demanded $250,000 in cash up front for the Roadster back in 2017).
Pre-order for for the Cybertruck was $100. Yes, millionaires!

Biggest advantage of Tesla over others: charging network should you want to take your vehicle on road trips.

Biggest advantage of Tesla over others: charging network should you want to take your vehicle on road trips.
I didn't want to point it out. But since you did. Yes you are correct LOL. The pre-order deposit was a joke, not sure what he is talking about.

I didn't want to point it out. But since you did. Yes you are correct LOL. The pre-order deposit was a joke, not sure what he is talking about.

(Tesla demanded $250,000 in cash up front for the Roadster back in 2017)

Reading is fundamental.

If you have a problem with my comments, block me, but stay out of my way.

Reading is fundamental.

I specifically pointed at the Roadster.

I also specifically stated I didn't like the company's policies.

Reading is fundamental.

“The money people dropped on the Roadster and Cybertruck to pre-order could have made them MILLIONAIRES had they invested.”

Making sense is fundamental. You specifically stated that the money people dropped to pre-order Roadster AND Cybertruck - hence my reply.

Reading is fundamental.

They demanded between $50,000 - $250,000.... very few dropped 250k....
And I suspect that anyone who had that kind of cash lying around didn’t really need to invest it to become a millionaire...
And here is your quote: “The money people dropped on the Roadster and Cybertruck to pre-order could have made them MILLIONAIRES had they invested.”

Care to retract?

They demanded between $50,000 - $250,000.... very few dropped 250k....
And I suspect that anyone who had that kind of cash lying around didn’t really need to invest it to become a millionaire...
And here is your quote: “The money people dropped on the Roadster and Cybertruck to pre-order could have made them MILLIONAIRES had they invested.”

Care to retract?

If indeed some dropped $250,000 on a roadster and even $100 on a Cybertruck, YES INDEED they Could have invested that money to become millionaires.

Reading is fundamental.

The roadster and cyber truck are two different cars. Agreed reading is fundamental.
If only this article was about the cyber truck and everyone on here talking about the truck not the roadster lol.

Last edited:
I imagine a guy walking in his garage and falling for whatever reason, hitting his head on the corner of the trunk.. I mean, aesthetics before common sense, well the symbol of our civilization. They have a good marketing team. They don't need anything else. About ecology, they're also a good joke with their batteries.

The new Pontiac Aztec! YUCK! Sorry, Rivian and Ford will outsell this ugly truck. The Rivian is no joke and beautiful.

https://rivian.com/r1t
Not so fast. Cybetruck has lots more preorders than these combined so you will have to pray the entire year for the numbers to change in your favor.
And btw Rivian has produced laughable amounts of trucks so far. Looks like it will take them very long time to get in to full scale production any time soon.

I don't see the joy in having to drive from charging station to charging station without being able to deviate from a pre-determined plan. And there is always the chance the charging station will be down. If that happens at a petrol station you can always just go to another since they are ubiquitous unlike charging stations.

Last edited:
Elon confirmed the other days so this "confirmation" is just as good as the previous ones. They will be delivered when they are actually delivered and not just when Elon says they will be.

Back