Tesla stock pops after setting new production and delivery records

Shawn Knight

Staff member
The big picture: Orders generated during the quarter exceeded deliveries which means the company enters the third quarter with an increase in its order backlog. It’s an issue although admittedly, there are worse problems a company could have.

Tesla in the second quarter of 2019 delivered just north of 95,000 EVs and produced 87,048 vehicles, both of which are company records.

Breaking it down, Tesla said it delivered 77,550 Model 3 vehicles and a combined 17,650 Model S sedans and Model X SUVs for a total of 95,200. On the production side, 72,531 Model 3 sedans rolled off the assembly line along with a total of 14,517 Model S and Model X units.

Tesla said it has more than 7,400 customer vehicles in transit at the end of the quarter. This metric is less relevant than it once was, however, and the automaker will no longer be disclosing it in future reports.

The company said it also made significant progress in streamlining its global logistics and delivery operations at higher volumes, making the whole operation a bit more cost efficient.

Tesla shares popped heavy in after-hours trading, up more than seven percent after the bell. Whether or not those gains hold through the rest of the week remains to be seen.

Masthead credit: Tesla Motors assembly plant by Nadezda Mumakova

Permalink to story.

Hahaha the haters and paid big oil trolls said there is demand problem, now they are going to loose millions from the shorts AGAIN :D I cannot stop laughing LOL.
By the way solar is now cheaper than coal so any hope to save the pollution loving muppets is GONE. They will breathe 0.5 particles for a while still, but I can wait out this short period in my Tesla using the BDM filter I have just for this occasion :D

Good for him but once the new generation of European electric cars hit he's going to have his hands full and will have to slash prices if he wants to keep his numbers up. As usual, competition drives the market and it could be a bloody few years ahead .....

Good for him but once the new generation of European electric cars hit he's going to have his hands full and will have to slash prices if he wants to keep his numbers up. As usual, competition drives the market and it could be a bloody few years ahead .....

Right - Tesla stock just 'popped' up to 238 (when I'm writing this)... it's 52 week high was 387!!! They are still WAY down from where they were. the 240 range is Tesla stock price from like 2016.

Hahaha the haters and paid big oil trolls said there is demand problem, now they are going to loose millions from the shorts AGAIN :D I cannot stop laughing LOL.
The shorts are still way ahead. Tesla is down from $310 at the start of the year, which like almost 25%. They have a bit of a demand problem, but soon they'll have a competition problem - especially with driver assisted tech.

By the way solar is now cheaper than coal so any hope to save the pollution loving muppets is GONE. They will breathe 0.5 particles for a while still, but I can wait out this short period in my Tesla using the BDM filter I have just for this occasion :D
Musk, is that you? Shouldn't you be sleeping on a factory floor somewhere, 'helping' get production in order?

Probably part of it is with our economy doing well because of Trump. I have many customers and business friends and 90-99% of them thank Trump.

Tesla is literally outselling its competitors 10:1 in the US with its sales taking more than half the market. This lead is an increase in spite of the Chevy Bolt, Hyundai Kona, and plug-in hybrids. European competitors won’t make a dent because they won’t be able to produce or buy full-size batteries fast enough. This is already the constraint for other EVs (each is capped at around 30k units/year) and other manufacturers are doing little to address it. Meanwhile, Tesla invested billions into the Gigafactory years ago, securing exclusive contracts with suppliers well in advance in preparation of building 500k EVs/year in 2020.

Tesla is only planning on increasing its manufacturing plans and they’ve still only reached a fraction of the addressible market. And even in 2023+ when manufacturers have announced they plan on starting mass production like Tesla did 2 years ago, why would you think they would they’re gonna instantly kill Tesla? There are dozens of automakers in existence and there’s room for all of them. You think Tesla with a 6 year lead will be the one to go??

What exactly has he done to make their business do better?

Consumers have Confidence with our economy with Trump more business is coming back and more being created. A lot of illegals got busted and shipped back and more jobs be it landscapers, mason, pool services, power washing etc have many opening... Google it or read Trumps daily reports that he post directly to FACEBOOK. We have many government contracts in my state with high demand for helicopters and other military projects.

You need to stop relying on bias news agencies, use YOUTUBE, LIVELEAK, LEAKEDREALITY and reports straight from the White House or our president. I just dropped dropped cable recently and was the best thing I ever did. Don't be a sheep.

Right - Tesla stock just 'popped' up to 238 (when I'm writing this)... it's 52 week high was 387!!! They are still WAY down from where they were. the 240 range is Tesla stock price from like 2016.

The shorts are still way ahead. Tesla is down from $310 at the start of the year, which like almost 25%. They have a bit of a demand problem, but soon they'll have a competition problem - especially with driver assisted tech.
They have just shown that they have record orders and deliveries but you still claim there is demand problem? LOOOOL If you are being paid to post these comments I would not pay your salary. It is just waste of money... to weak :D

Back