Tesla vehicles will soon be able to speak to pedestrians

midian182

Staff member
In a nutshell: Tesla cars are packed with unconventional features, and they’ll soon receive another that could make the EVs the closest thing we have to a real-life KITT from Knight Rider—the ability to “talk” to pedestrians.

Tesla boss Elon Musk posted a short video on Twitter demonstrating the feature, which he says will arrive soon. “Telsas will soon talk to people if you want,” tweeted the CEO.

In the clip, we see a Tesla driving past the camera while it plays: “Well, don’t just stand there staring, hop in.” It’s likely that the cars will use the external speaker grill that was added to the Model 3 to comply with sound requirements in the US and EU—the vehicle plays a noise when it’s moving below 19mph to alert pedestrians.

We still don’t know exactly how the feature will work. Users could record their own audio clips, or it may come with pre-recorded sounds that play either automatically or are activated by the driver.

The feature does seem like a bit of a jokey addition—Musk added that it would integrate with fart mode, letting you send gas sounds in people’s general direction, Monty Python-style. But it could have its uses, such as alerting pedestrians who are in the way or letting someone know the car has arrived, which would be helpful for Uber drivers. It will also work with Sentry Mode, which automatically records people vandalizing a parked Tesla—maybe it’ll inform criminals they’re being recorded and should stop.

Permalink to story.

"Users could record their own audio clips, or it may come with pre-recorded sounds that play either automatically or are activated by the driver."

Oh yeah, add an extra big speaker in the front, I can hear it now ... "HEY, get the F*** out of the way!"

No doubt they'll program it with Elon Musk's voice telling all those willing to listen how wonderful he is.

Or "Get out of the way you fat American" ?...[ ]....
Fat shaming, and anti-American sentiment right out of the gate, Rook? Dude, that's cold..!

Besides, you can't reason with those 300 pounders while they're talking on their cellphones anyway. They'll just stand there right in front of you and take pictures of "the talking car". You'd make better time being stuck behind a school bus.

Now OTOH, a "food stamp cannon", would make them scatter. (Or stampede, as the case may be).

Last edited:
Please refer to my post #8.
Well, how else would Musky tell us of his brilliance but in the sounds of his flatulence? ????

Recalling, of course, that post of yours from another thread where the interpolated Musky says he farts more ideas out his rear in a day than the average person has in a lifetime! ????

Well, how else would Musky tell us of his brilliance but in the sounds of his flatulence? ????
Have you ever heard of "4 channel stereo". The turn signals could be farting (**), while Musk shouts, "Listen up you abject, abysmal, pedestrian, clodhoppers, "I'm extolling my own magnificence, and it's to your own benefit, (not that I (Musk) think for a minute it will help), to hang on my every word as you would if I were distributing the meaning of life and my grandiose accomplishments from the summit of Mt.Olympus". (Then you could have a crapload of delay, reverb, and double tracking in the back channels, while the driver was astounded by lightning flashes in bales, flashing across the computer's screen). He continues, "you gypsies, tramps, and thieves, (with apologies to Cher), aren't even remotely sentient enough to realize you might be living in MY computer simulation".......(With apologies to "The Matrix").
Recalling, of course, that post of yours from another thread where the interpolated Musky says he farts more ideas out his rear in a day than the average person has in a lifetime! ????...[ ]...
OK, all I can say about this is, I try not to post the same thing twice, (not always successfully), Today seems to have been one of my off days,. My short term memory isn't as good as it was, (I've never actually had one). And, I"m a "stream of consciousness poster". (Which unfortunately sometimes leads to , "TL;DR" responses).

(**) For more fart noises, hit the "four ways". (Notice how I worked in and correctly spelled those common English homophones).

Last edited:
Have you ever heard of "stereo". The turn signals could be farting, while Musk shouts, "Listen up you abject, abysmal, pedestrian, clodhoppers, "I'm extolling my own magnificence, and it's to your own benefit, (not that I (Musk) think for a minute it will help), to hang on my every word as you would if I were distributing the meaning of life and my grandiose accomplishments from the summit of Mt.Olympus". (Then you could have a crapload of delay, reverb, and double tracking in the back channels, while the driver was astounded by lightning flashes in bales, flashing across the computer's screen). He continues, "you gypsies, tramps, and thieves, (with apologies to Cher), aren't even remotely sentient enough to realize you might be living in MY computer simulation".......(With apologies to "The Matrix").

DAMNIT! I was gonna say that!

Have you ever heard of "4 channel stereo". The turn signals could be farting (**), while Musk shouts, "Listen up you abject, abysmal, pedestrian, clodhoppers, "I'm extolling my own magnificence, and it's to your own benefit, (not that I (Musk) think for a minute it will help), to hang on my every word as you would if I were distributing the meaning of life and my grandiose accomplishments from the summit of Mt.Olympus". (Then you could have a crapload of delay, reverb, and double tracking in the back channels, while the driver was astounded by lightning flashes in bales, flashing across the computer's screen). He continues, "you gypsies, tramps, and thieves, (with apologies to Cher), aren't even remotely sentient enough to realize you might be living in MY computer simulation".......(With apologies to "The Matrix").
So that's two of the four channels. What about the other two? :cold_sweat:
OK, all I can say about this is, I try not to post the same thing twice, (not always successfully), Today seems to have been one of my off days,. My short term memory isn't as good as it was, (I've never actually had one). And, I"m a "stream of consciousness poster". (Which unfortunately sometimes leads to , "TL;DR" responses).
If you ask me, you're still at the top of your game! :D

For more fart noises, hit the "four ways". (Notice how I worked in and correctly spelled those common English homophones).
If I ever hear a farting Tesla, I'll know a real emergency is in progress. ??‍♂️

Back