The 10 Most Anticipated PC Games of 2019

No mention for the Talos Principle 2 or Psychonauts 2? I think they're far more likely to be 2019 releases, whereas as Vulcanproject mentioned, clickbait aside there's been no actual confirmed release date announced for Cyberpunk 2077. It could be 2019. Or 2020.

I doubt Cyberpunk 2077 will come out this year. It's already May and there is no release date. I can't see it before spring 2020.

It's one of those big games you can tell is in no rush. I'll throw my hat in the release date pool for October 2020....
Maybe, developer will tie it with new console generation. It could be the title everybody would buy cause there won't be many titles for next gen.

I doubt Cyberpunk 2077 will come out this year. It's already May and there is no release date. I can't see it before spring 2020.

It's one of those big games you can tell is in no rush. I'll throw my hat in the release date pool for October 2020....
Yeah and by the time it does come out, the hype is gone and the game ends up being lackluster.

Maybe, developer will tie it with new console generation. It could be the title everybody would buy cause there won't be many titles for next gen.

Generally my thought. By the time we get to this time next year and it isn't out, the developers will just be thinking well we may as well launch with PS5 and port the PC version over.

It looks like a demanding game that they have been showing on high end PC hardware so far. PS4/Xbox One versions are going to be cut to ribbons, only the updated consoles will look decent.

By 2020 we should see what the game is like on a brand new console then and get an idea of what they can do.

Last edited:
No mention for the Talos Principle 2 or Psychonauts 2? I think they're far more likely to be 2019 releases, whereas as Vulcanproject mentioned, clickbait aside there's been no actual confirmed release date announced for Cyberpunk 2077. It could be 2019. Or 2020.
Since when was Talos Principle 2 coming in 2019? Has it really flown completely under my radar?

Could easily announce a release date at E3 for the end of the year. It's far from unheard of, that's the norm for Bethesda lately and plenty of other studios do that, too. I've been following the game's development very closely (Active on the forums and the subreddit) and the general community consensus is split between 2019 and 2020. There are a few leaks and rumors that support this, too. Regardless, it's too big of a game to ignore when the chances seem pretty even either way.

Game's been in development for about 4 years already, with several years of pre-production before that. Another 7 months of development for a December release (maybe November) seems reasonable enough.

Holy **** this list is depressing! Why is almost every game an FPS?!? No strategy, No Iso ARPGs, no TBS titles... Why is Phoenix Point only an honorable mention?

I'd trade 5 new Doom games for another Frost Punk!

Total War is a strategy game, and 3 of the games on this list are not first person titles at all.

And, although The Outer Worlds and Cyberpunk 2077 are both first person games, they are RPGs, not shooters. Shooting is merely one way to progress through the game, particularly in the former's case (in typical RPG fashion, stealth and charisma will be equally-viable paths through the game). If we compare TOW to Rage 2, the differences are clear.

Phoenix Point could have easily made its way onto the list, by the way, it was definitely a close one. I'm personally extremely excited for it as an X-COM fan.

Sorry you're disappointed, though. Perhaps you could let me know what some highly-anticipated ARPG, strategy, or TBS titles launching this year are (or at least potentially launching this year)?

Last edited:
Honestly I wish I could! I'm play testing three ARPG betas (Wolcen, Last Epoch and Pagan Online) and all of them are disappointing in one way or another. The WASD movement in Last Epoch is awesome though. I liked your article, I'm not blaming you for the trend in PC gaming. The only FPS games I enjoy are competitive MP. Finding a story driven single player game I like is astonishingly difficult. I absolutely loved Frost Punk but story is minimal in that title. XCOM 3 has to be my most anticipated game of all time but I guess they haven't officially announced it yet to avoid hurting sales of Phoenix Point.

My interests are...;

Cyberpunk 2077. Simply looks great. There has been a lack of good RPGs lately. Hopefully this fills in the blanks.

Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order. It's basically the first time where EA is pouring money into a single player only game. So color me excited and extremely curious how this will turn out. It's their opportunity to redeem themselves, and bring back the idea that they actually make a respectable Star Wars game.

Halo: The Master Chief Collection. Yeah. I played them all already. Still... I want this on PC.

Honestly I wish I could! I'm play testing three ARPG betas (Wolcen, Last Epoch and Pagan Online) and all of them are disappointing in one way or another. The WASD movement in Last Epoch is awesome though. I liked your article, I'm not blaming you for the trend in PC gaming. The only FPS games I enjoy are competitive MP. Finding a story driven single player game I like is astonishingly difficult. I absolutely loved Frost Punk but story is minimal in that title. XCOM 3 has to be my most anticipated game of all time but I guess they haven't officially announced it yet to avoid hurting sales of Phoenix Point.
Oh, no worries, I didn't take offense! I was asking for recommendations out of personal interest, because all of the games on this list are titles I'm interested in and they're really the only decent games I'm aware of that are releasing anytime soon.

Bummer to hear about Wolcen, I saw it on Steam and thought it looked quite good. Would you be able (not sure if your play testing has any NDAs attached) to tell me what about it has disappointed you?

Cyberpunk 2077 only because it's the developers of the Witcher 3. That game was art, so Cyberpunk 2077 will hopefully be in the same vein! Doubt we'll see it this year though...if we were the hype train and promotion would be blinding!

No strategy games?

Total war: 3 kingdoms, it's on the list!

What about Atomic Heart? It's aimed for 2019 on Steam page and there are system req. there already:
https://store.steampowered.com/app/668580/Atomic_Heart/

I don't know what's the story it will tell, what's the mechanics it will show, but thanks to very unusual, fresh level design and npcs look and matching music, I personally tend to name it my #1 for the nearest future.

It somehow managed to tickle the memories of what I felt in Bioshocks, Dishonored, Wolfensteins and Metro: Exodus (mm.. Thief series, probably).

It looks less solid than Cyberpunk'77, for sure, but I didn't like the latter too much in his 40+ mins long gameplay demo actually. It may probably change since there's a lot of time till the end of the year.

Last edited:

I'm not worried, I have a ton of games to play first and little time to play them. The more spit and polish they can put the game the better. If it's 2020 so be it. Sick of rushed out alphas and betas for top dollar requiring mega patches on day one.

Back