"The application has failed to start..."

Hi, guys!
This's another thread for an error message:
"The application has failed to start because the application configuration is incorrect. Reinstalling..."

I've read the thread from the 2010, but it's closed so I needed to open a new one and that was not my case.

I've got 4 accounts on my PC - one, mine, has admin privileges and 3 have regular user ones.
So for about a month most of applications return this error when trying to run them from these non-admin accounts. And they run as usual from mine. And they are Acrobat Reader and MS Office programs.
I don't have C++ or any on my PC. I do have .net 1.0, 2.0 and 3.0 updated with automated MS update, but still, I don't receive this error running the software from my admin account. I've tried to change the account type of one of accounts, but it didn't help.
I live in Israel and the locale were different on my account and at least on one of others, I've tried to change locale on it and tried to change on mine, but still...

Hope to here some advise

go to the event viewer (start->run->eventvwr.msc)

on the left is a list of the local system; click on Application

the right pane will have application events and the first column is the classification
of the severity of the entry. your Application Failed to Start will be (I think) an Error event. Scroll to find Errors, double click on each one until you find it.

there are three buttons at the top-right of the Event Properties window;
click the third to copy all the data for this event.
FOLLOW-UP on this thread and PASTE the event data into your next post.

Errors

Thank you, jobeard, for your assistance!

Unfortunately, there are no events related to the problem in the Application tab.
The only error events in the Application tab are related to some Bonjour services (not from now) and to the search

Here are their properties

1. Search Service
The protocol handler Search.OneIndexHandler.1 cannot be loaded. Error description: This application has failed to start because the application configuration is incorrect. Reinstalling the application may fix this problem. .

For more information, see Help and Support Center at go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

2. Bonjour Service

Task Scheduling Error: m->NextScheduledSPRetry 1953

And here are some error events from the System tabs.

Generate Activation Context failed for C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\MICROS~1\OFFICE12\OPHPROXY.DLL. Reference error message: The operation completed successfully.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp
*************************************************************************************
Resolve Partial Assembly failed for Microsoft.VC80.CRT. Reference error message: Access is denied.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp
*************************************************************************************
Generate Activation Context failed for C:\Program Files\Adobe\Reader 9.0\Reader\AcroRdIF.dll. Reference error message: The operation completed successfully.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

try the Systems Tab - - it's got to be in the event viewer somewhere

<snip>
2. Resolve Partial Assembly failed for Microsoft.VC80.CRT. Reference error message: Access is denied.
I've noticed those "Application failed to start" messages are usually related to Windows Side by Side /C++ library problems. So one event you noted was most interesting especially as you said the problem occurs for non-admin users

Re: Event Logs
see HERE may help you provide the event viewer stuff, .

Have you tried just reinstalling Adobe and MS Office to see if that'll resolve the issue?

No, I didn't try to reinstall them yet. Meantime just to find the reason.

to jobeard, I've posted the errors from the System tab also.

Back