The Best Computer Cases: Updated for 2017

This list is missing one item:

Best no budget enthusiast case.

We've got everything except a money burner.

Best looking case , and money no subject case , are missing
although all of these cases looks nothing to what have been shown at computex

Might want to update the write-up for the Dark Base Pro.... the price listed is $220, and the price in the actual write-up is mentioned twice - at $230 and $250.... can we agree on one?

I see it for $250 on Newegg and $200 on Amazon as I post this.... and free shipping from Amazon makes it look like a clear winner...

I've been rocking my silent Obsidian Series 550D for the last 3 years, and couldn't be happier.

550d_hero.png

I like my Cooler Master CM 690 III which I acquired for around only £80.

Plenty of space for extra long GFX cards, removable hard drive bays, decent cooling solutions for both water and air and also not bad cable management.

Point is you don't need to pay and arm and a leg for a half decent case these days.

I'm pretty surprised none of thermaltakes cases were on here this year from their latest view 71 tempered glass addition and their view 27 curved tempered glass I personally find really any cases out there that can really beat them for price and looks.

I like my Cooler Master CM 690 III which I acquired for around only £80.

Plenty of space for extra long GFX cards, removable hard drive bays, decent cooling solutions for both water and air and also not bad cable management.

Point is you don't need to pay and arm and a leg for a half decent case these days.
A very solid, functional and no nonsense case at a very decent price. I like it as well and would've bought one if it wasn't for the be quiet! (Silent Base 600) case with it's lack of side window nonsense and silly lighting effects which I bought instead as released at about the same time as the CM 690 III. I still use a CM 690 II with the external, hot swappable SATA dock on my diagnostic machine, I find it indispensable when I repair other peoples' machines and I'm not going to fork over a princely sum for an open test bench especially when I don't find it critical.

That be quiet! Dark Base 900 Pro is the real deal. I'd like one myself but I can't find an excuse to buy one. It's simply overkill in all regards for me and my needs. A pty about the side window though, it spoils a very fine case.

Meh every "top recommended" mATX case on every list I see is always a case thats almost as big as a mid tower ATX case or has a very inconvenient shape.

I'm rolling with a cheap plastic box that keeps my components together. It has cables sticking out of the case cause I pulled them out to fix front audio jack. I pulled all the CD/DVD drive plastic covers for better cooling and removed both side panels. Just imagine that beauty.

I'm rolling with a cheap plastic box that keeps my components together. It has cables sticking out of the case cause I pulled them out to fix front audio jack. I pulled all the CD/DVD drive plastic covers for better cooling and removed both side panels. Just imagine that beauty.

Throw some dirt on it and upload some photos to Instagram. Call it the "Mad Max" mod.

Update: Based on your feedback, we've made numerous updates to the Best Cases feature.

The stock imagery wasn't cutting it as it didn't truly showcase what is possible with these cases fully built. So a lot of new photos for most cases, main picks as well as alternatives which seemed like small mentions for each of the categories, now it's more evident that we really mean those are great options, in some cases cheaper/smaller/or different form factor altogether (cube cases were mentioned by a couple of you).

We have also added a money-is-no-object alternative that was already recommended in our PC buyers guide, and two cases to look forward to that were highlighted before in our Computex 2017 coverage, one from Cooler Master and another from Thermaltake.

This is a horrible list. You must be getting a kickback from Phanteks. How could you leave off the CM Maker 5t. It has everything any of these cases have, looks ten times better, and its modular design allows you to continually upgrade it in the future without having to get an entirely new case. Rediculous to leave this case off.

Title could read .
The Best Computer Cases that we have access to.

I'm still Rockin my Corsair Obsidian 800 D,Coolermaster 832 Stacker Nvidia Ed.a couple of Thermaltake Kandalf.also a CM690 Nvidia Ed.

I don't agree with your ITX choice. ITX case has to be small. NZXT Manta simply is not. It's basically mATX case by size with only support for itx mobo size... doesn't make it ITX case, it's just poorly put together mATX case.

A very solid, functional and no nonsense case at a very decent price. I like it as well and would've bought one if it wasn't for the be quiet! (Silent Base 600) case with it's lack of side window nonsense and silly lighting effects which I bought instead as released at about the same time as the CM 690 III. I still use a CM 690 II with the external, hot swappable SATA dock on my diagnostic machine, I find it indispensable when I repair other peoples' machines and I'm not going to fork over a princely sum for an open test bench especially when I don't find it critical.
Case I have for my old rig was a peach for its time also if somewhat a little more pricey(£150). An Antec 900. Great build quality, plenty of space but little or very limited cable management. Excellent cooling(3x120mm front, 1 240mm top, 1 120mm back, 1 120mm side fans) but the case sounded like a hoover on full pelt when the fans ramped up. LoL

I'm currently rockin my Corsair 400R but the CM Master Box5 looks very interesting. Good reviews and seems to give the NZXT S340 a run for the money for under $70.

Back